Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Booggalou
    • Sep 2006

taking forever to burn

Is there something I need to do differently to get my computer to burn quicker? It took about 3 and a half hours to burn a movie the other day, but my friend can burn in about an hour and a half. Any suggestions?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

DMA enabled for youe device?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Booggalou
      • Sep 2006

Thank you for responding. I have checked the DMA and all settings are correct as to your link. Do you have any other suggestions? I am trying another movie and am already at about 2 and half hours into it. Thanks again.

Comment

• Dan
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Booggalou
        Is there something I need to do differently to get my computer to burn quicker? It took about 3 and a half hours to burn a movie the other day, but my friend can burn in about an hour and a half. Any suggestions?
        You must mean rip to hard drive, compress to fit a dvd 5 and then burn to dvd. All of those together can take from 20 minutes to 2 hours depending on your movie, what compression you have and how powerful your computer is.

To actually burn to a DVD should only take 5-15 minutes depending on your speed selection.

Comment

Working...