• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rago88
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Aug 2005

Youngsters not happy oldies going online

They feel there "Space" is being invaded by the generation that invented the technology in the 1st place.
    go figure.

• Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

From what I can see the under 21 generation has been an almost total flop with computers, go to the malware help forums and try to get some help, the myspace generation is flooding them.

Comment

• rago88
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Aug 2005

Most kids parents spring for the bucks to pay for all the kids technological tools from cells phone up to Xbox, Ipods etc.it's exspected today..

I'm 60 yrs young and growing up in the 50's,
      my parents bought all our kewl lincoln logs, erector sets,
      monopoly games etc..

when the 60's sex, drugs and rock n roll hit and I was living in Hollywood, Calif,,[ approx 1965 when Dylan's "Like a rolling stone," known to be ground zero for the 60's and drop kicked us into the youth revolution, I remember our attiude was we owned the world and anyone over 30 was a jerk including parents.

Not much has changed except the fact that all us hippie types left home to explore and be on our own which in time helped us to fend for ourselves and grow up .
      yes,
      Begging for spare change on Sunset Blvd was in a way fending for ourselves.
      I don't think todays kids will begin to grow up , if ever till 30 or more..
      they don't want leave Mom/dad's Mc Mansions.. who can blame them..

too many Helicoptor parents hovering over the precious children..

btw:
      David Crosbys take on the 60's..
      He said, "If you can remember the 60's, you weren't there".
      love that line..
      He also said,
      "If I had known I was going to live this long,
      I would have taken better care of myself"
      Lot of us flower power alumni agree with that one..
      Last edited by rago88; 1 Feb 2008, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

interesting

Originally Posted by Chewy
        From what I can see the under 21 generation has been an almost total flop with computers, go to the malware help forums and try to get some help, the myspace generation is flooding them.
        That's interesting. I didn't realize the Max Headroom 8 yo computer scientist was a thing of the past.

Could be now everyone wants things handed to them. I don't know how old this person was on another forum but he complained that his dual booting system(XP<=>Vista) kept erasing his Restore Points that were kept on a partition visible to both OS. I found a page that gave step by step how to hide the Restore Points from the incompatible OS and posted the link. Without trying it out or asking a question about how or why that works he asks me "Did you just search and find this or did you try it out yourself?"

Oh yes, I took 3 days out of my time, set up a computer with the designated multiple operating systems and created partitions to duplicate his scenario free of charge!!!

Comment

Working...