Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

So with about a week remaining, all you need to do is install a virus on it that causes it to RRoD and they'll give you a brand new system! *hides*

But really, I hope with my Jasper unit the RRoD won't be a problem. It's been running great so far, heck... the HD-DVD addon heats up more than the actual console!
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

No need for a virus, just keep it running a game for about 10 hours, that should do it.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

LOL, the old ones are that bad, eh?

I've left mine running at least 24 hours and it still works. But not with a game running - just on the Xbox Dashboard while it's downloading large game demos.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

The thing most likely to go wrong is the overheating GPU I think, so you really need to be running game to stress it to the limit. Jaspers with the 65nm GPU will obviously handle situations like this a lot better than the old 90nm.

Comment

• barbaraloqw
            • Jan 2009

btw. my xbox scratch one dvd, after 3 hours of playing it's normal ?
            Maybe they did it to buy new version of xbox 360 each year and increase amount of sold games

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

The disc scratching problem is a known problem, although I've never suffered from it. There is now the option to install games to the HDD, and it is highly recommended you use it because it reduces heat, noise (by quite a bit) and obviously avoids the disc scratching problem, and also the occasional "disc read error" problem as the drive overheats.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

How come it still takes just as long to load levels when you copy the game to the hard drive?

I figured it would make them load faster since there's no optical disc to read... but I was surprised when it took just as long.

(And really, it's not as useful as it could be due to possible DRM and copyright restrictions - you still have to have the disc in the drive to play it... if they didn't do that, people like me would be able to get rentals from Blockbuster and legally just copy them to my hard drive...)
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2001

I think loading time is not that much dependent on the disc transfer speed, as it is on other factors such as processing power and memory usage.

Comment

Working...