X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Could A 'Piracy Tax' Ever Work?

The newest in a long line of attempts towards a solution to the biggest obstacle for the entire music industry has come, perhaps surpriisingly, from the UK Government. Communications Minister Lord Carter has urged the Rights Agency to toughen up on online piracy by levying a 'copyright tax', or 'piracy tax', on Internet Service Providers such as AOL, BT, Orange, Sky and Virgin. This additional cost for the companies would come hand in hand with legislation that would make it easier for the providers to prosecute those users who continaully infringe copyright law.

If they introduce a piracy tax, does that mean that piracy would now be acceptable as you've already paid for it?
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • Abuilder
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Oct 2006

If they introduce a piracy tax, does that mean that piracy would now be acceptable as you've already paid for it?
    Or
    You are admitting to be a pirate by paying this tax, no matter for what reason you use the Internet for. This would include the POPE if he ever got on line.
    They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

That would actually be pretty cool... though does that mean they won't ever sue people for piracy?

As much as I'm opposed to paying extra per month for something like that, it might have its benefits if they stop trying to oust piracy...
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

I would not mind if it was like .05 per month.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

Working...