X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Netflix says 1 million Xbox members use movie service

Online DVD company Netflix Incon Thursday said that one million Microsoft Xbox 360 video game console users have activated Netflix's movie streaming service in the past three months since the two companies formed a partnership.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Admin so if initially it was just offered through your PC, then how's the connection now? You hookup your Xbox360 to your hdtv and then to your PC to get the movie pumped from the internet through your Xbox and on your set? Or is this a cable provided service? Must be protected to not record n keep either correct?

Funny Netflix has been around a while now and I forgot they're part of Netzero. They're connection was slow so I dropped them. They were buying space from Verizon so I guess that had to do w/it.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

The Netflix services, like most of Xbox's movie services, are not available here in Australia, so I have no idea how it works.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

All this is getting crazier by the day. More to research now. Everyone's moving in on what appears to be the next in thing, just like the researcher said. Sony better wake up and fast because once the Studios definitely start feeling it in their pockets something's gotta give.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

It lets you download them.

You know how they have Xbox Live movie rentals? It's just like that but free.

Though I don't have Netflix, I have their competitor, Blockbuster Total Access... I just know how it works.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Oh ok. So b4 it was just able to b viewed on your PC, and now the xbox downloads them from your PC to bee seen on your HDTV? Thnx.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
              NOT an online superstore
              • Oct 2005

Netflix previously was a mail-in DVD rental service. I think they started PC downloads like Blockbuster did but I never used them since I just despise DRM.

(And since I can just as easily play DVDs in my computer, why's it matter?)
              CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
              Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
              My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...