X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Review: Samsung BD-P2500 Blu-ray Player

Price: $400 At A Glance: Netflix streaming • Average usability • BD-Live support • Outstanding HD and SD video processing by Silicon Optix HQV
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

OK Admin ... if you insist you guys can get this for me for Christmas 2009!
    Last edited by gonwk; 25 Feb 2009, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

The price is the same as the PS3... how's the upscaling compare? I have a PS3 and it's not "bad" per se, but if this one's better I'll be disappointed since I thought Sony Blu-Ray players were "the best of the best".
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• ed klein
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

If the Samsung BD-P2500 won't play homemade compliant Blu-ray structure built on BD-5, BD-9, BD-R, as well as the standard commercial BD-ROM disks built on 25gb and 50gb disk the Blu-ray player is close to USELESS.

BD-Live is just another method of Sony keeping track of your BD-player habits. Mandatory telephone line requirement

Netflix streaming mandatory high speed internet to work. I would rather have the Blu-ray disk in my hand so I could do whatever I want with the disk.

Looks like high price junk to me.
        Last edited by ed klein; 25 Feb 2009, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• Abuilder
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Oct 2006

This thing must be directed at the US market. Nobody in Japan wouild buy this piece of..........
          $400 ROFLMAO
          They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• gadgetman2
            • Feb 2009

Nice to see a good processing chip in the Silicon Optix HQV. Should be very good with upscaling DVD's at least.

Comment

• drpepper
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • May 2006

"...If won't play homemade..." Confused. Does it? What players do?

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

i'm more than happy with the bd-2500

Nice to see a good processing chip in the Silicon Optix HQV. Should be very good with upscaling DVD's at least.
                believe me it IS

the reon chip for dvd playback is exactly what i wanted for decent playback of my dvd collection on a newer lcd

Comment

• gonwk
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by drpepper
                  "...If won't play homemade..." Confused. Does it? What players do?
                  Just use Western Digital Media Player Box for the Homemade stuff!

G!

Comment

• ed klein
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004

@ drpepper

The older Sony's do, like the BDP-S301, which is the one I have from Costco and the Sony's BDP-S300.

Blu-ray Players, specifications and release dates for new and upcoming Blu-ray Players, including Blu-ray Player reviews and much more.

An outdated website, but plug-in the options you want your Blu-ray player to have and see which ones will play compliant Blu-ray structures built on BD-5 and BD-9.

Build a homemade compliant Blu-ray structure and take the disk to electronics stores like Best Buy which have a demo and see if it will play or read the box the Blu-ray player came in VERY CLOSELY.

Blu-ray players are starting to get more popular for playing any size blank media blu-ray disks over the PS3.
                    Last edited by ed klein; 25 Feb 2009, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...