X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Three Blu-ray players for less than $300

The bargains might not be as plentiful as before, but it's still possible to get a decent Blu-ray player for less than $300.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

the samsung bd-1500 offers very good value for money and please dont believe everything you read in those "reviews" in terms of media formats accepted

i have tested this very model around xmas and it played way more than what those list tell you!

according to this "review" (i wonder WHAT those people actually do, when they say they "tested" something?), the 1500 only accepts these media types:

BD-ROM
    CD
    CD-RW
    DVD-RW
    CD-R
    DVD
    BD-R
    DVD-R
    BD-RE
    truth is:
    This BD 1500 WAS able to play avi files although manual and pdf say it was NOT able to.
    This BD 1500 was able to play DVD+R / DVD+RW although a sticker on top of the player said that it was NOT able to [sticker did not specify wether DVD+R referred to blank media or book type so i tested all and it played all *g*
    so it is all in all a matter of latest firmware update for the BD 1500!)

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

It depends how much they were paid.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

I firmly believe some of the top players are rushing to cash in on the Blu-ray phenomenom as it's totally irresponsible to not list some of the most common formats used in their manual. Same thing happened w/AT&T when they took over IPhone billing etc... You lose the phone, but chip still good in another despite the service being cut off on lost phone. Big mistake on their part.

I just today helped my friend get a upconvert Samsung 1080p DVD/VCR combo for $114.00 at best buy. He was happy.
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...