X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

MPAA Vows to Harrass isoHunt Founder, Gary Fung, Until He Dies

Fabrizio, an MPAA lawyer, continues the MPAA's charm offensive by saying that he will hunt down isoHunt founder Gary Fung for the rest of Gary's life to collect on any damages that might be rewarded to the MPAA.

He says:

Originally Posted by MPAA Lawyer, Steven Fabrizio
    The judgment doesn’t go away. If Gary Fung creates a legitimate website, we’ll be there. If he sells that company for $100 million, we’ll be there. For the rest of his life we’ll be able to pursue that judgment.
    Nice bunch of folks, these MPAA!

More:

After a win against TorrentSpy the MPAA is determined to silence isoHunt and bankrupt its founder Gary Fung. MAFIAA lawyer Steven Fabrizio guarantees that if they win the case, the movie industry will relentlessly hunt down any damages owed to them for the rest of Fung's life.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • Wombler
    Affable Wanderer
    • Jul 2006

Yeah that's not only despicable but also potentially illegal.

I agree entirely with the comment in the article stating that this sounds more like a vendetta than due process.

It's also IMO tantamount to an attempt to intimidate, coerce and harass for the purposes of by-passing the correct legal process and enforcing their desired aims.

I'm amazed they came out with a remark like that in public as if it goes to Court it will almost certainly prejudice their case.

Wombler
    Last edited by Wombler; 15 Jul 2009, 02:22 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

It is also considered harassment. Now he can file a law suit for harassment at any time he feels like it.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

Working...