X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

THQ: 3DS May Fix Piracy Problems

THQ's VP of global publishing thinks Nintendo's new anti-piracy measure in the upcoming 3D version of the DS console, the 3DS, may solve the DS piracy problem once and for all.

Speaking to CVG, Ian Curran expressed his support for the new proposed anti-piracy measures. "What excites me even more [than 3DS games] is that there's technology built in that device to really combat piracy," Curran said.

Curran says that with piracy "stopped", it will allow THQ to publish more titles for the DS/3DS.

More:

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

I think this highlights just exactly what's wrong with certain segments of the gaming industry, that instead of getting excited over the new "glass-free" 3D technology, they're "more excited" over the anti-piracy features.

If game publishers were confident in their titles, then they shouldn't be concerned about piracy. I find it's only those companies that churn out poor games that worry most about piracy, because once people download and play their crappy games for free, nobody will be sucked into buying them. But if the game is good, many that pirate will actually convert to buyers.

But with that said, DS piracy really is kind of out of control, but this is also one of the primary reasons for its success. Nintendo targeted kids as young as 5 or 6 when selling the consoles, did they really think these kids would have/get hundreds of dollars to spend on games every year?
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...