Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miles6699
    • Nov 2002

Users

Did you notice that the bulk of the traffic on this site are 1-2 day members. People come here to ask questions and only a handfull of people such as setarip,enchanter,khp etc. (sorry if i missed you) respond to the questions. iI realize these people are the "wise and all-knowing" and many of the specific questions can only be answered by them but some of the repeat questions could be fielded by anyone.........just venting i guess...sorry.

Still just a newbie....but concerned......
    If at first you don't succeed get a BIGGER hammer !
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Exactly my thoughts since I first joined up in the forum. Apparently, not all of the members here are active participants, and hence only those mentioned few people (me included) are answering questions. This forum is nothing like Doom9, where most developers and people with questions abound. I like to think this forum as a small AND friendly community (not always, but flaming is certainly kept to a minimum here). This place used to have other active participants too, like Bendermann, Techno and hacker on fire, but apparently Real Life (TM) has caught up to them. Anyway, they may come back anytime they wish and anyone else can choose to become an active participant too. All you need is some knowledge and willingness to post your helping words.

Comment

• gd_nimrod
      • Nov 2002

Techno seems to have a pretty decent site with an operating system free for download. Pretty cool.
      Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
      http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
      http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• miles6699
        • Nov 2002

Well lets hope the new year will bring a plethora of wisdom and more importantly participation to the Digest.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by miles6699
          Well lets hope the new year will bring a plethora of wisdom and more importantly participation to the Digest.
          I do hope so. May the batch of new participants bring more life, enjoyment and fun to the forum and us participants.
          Last edited by Enchanter; 18 Dec 2002, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• miles6699
            • Nov 2002

My sentiments exactly...lol
            Last edited by miles6699; 18 Dec 2002, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

I do not understand the last statement...Am I to assume you feel my comments are not helpfull...If so I do appologize but I just started 3 weeks ago...
              I don't think enchanters statement was pointed at you in any way.

I don't like pointing fingers, but if you look at everything posted december 11. 2002, you should quickly see what enchanter is referring to.
              Last edited by khp; 18 Dec 2002, 08:54 AM.
              Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
              http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

I do not understand the last statement...Am I to assume you feel my comments are not helpfull...If so I do appologize but I just started 3 weeks ago...
                I certainly didn't mean it at you. At the time of posting, that statement felt right, but now that I'm reading it again, it looks rather accusing in a general direction. I'll edit it, since the "plaintiff" has already changed for the better too.

Comment

Working...