X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t_caplette
    • Apr 2003

People pointing fingers

Man you know what, about a month ago i have currently moved to seoul south korea from western canada and since i have been here i have had nothing but problems with people staring at me and calling me american, now DO NOT, DO NOT get me wrong there is nothing wrong with americans much of my family and many friends are american. That is not the problem the problem is that koreans are so ready to point their finger at anyone with white skin and call them american. To tell you the truth they cant even stand up for themselves they push you around and really they are little whimps with big mouths. Sorry i had to write this but it is getting on my nerves.

Why cant we all just get along.

Thank you

I am sorry if anyone is korean.
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

I know how you feel t_caplette, its the same for me when i go to a foreign country. Every one thinks im american and they look down on me, but RIGHT WHEN i say "oh my, no i'm Canadian" they're all okay with it.

See, Canadians are so neutral in this world that everyone likes 'em, apart from maybe the jealous americans

I guess people in the usa should focus less on wars (for whatever reason) and more on peace...
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

t_caplette

this forum as most other forum is no place for such foolish words.

i have no idea as to what extend you were treated bad or good.

i do know, however, that postings like this one from you are of NO help at all to improve relationships between white, red, black, yellow or pink.

treat other people the way you expect to be treated yourself, think before you speak and above all please do not generalize the way you did in the above posting.

there will always be a**h***s as well as nice people, no matter if they are german, canadian, korean, american, iraqi.....

topic closed

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

I would just like to add one more thing to this closed thread.

There's a lot of anti-american feeling all around the world like there has never been before. South Korea is an US ally - if they don't like the US, who will? There may be good reason for all this hate, and perhaps we'll find out in November 2004 whether the US public also believes in these reasons as well.

Fortunately, most people can tell the difference between the actions of a government and their people (those misleading polls that say 80% of the public support the war on Iraq doesn't help), and people like Michael Moore are showing the world that not every American is like George W Bush (sidebar : there was a news story where an angry mob of Iraqis confronted a scared American journalist - the mob said that they weren't anti-american, just anti-Bush, because they saw Michael Moore's "performance" at the Oscars).

Yes t_caplette, people are wrong to blame the entire population of a country for their government's wrongs.

But, it is also wrong to indict an entire race based on the actions of a few people.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...