• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MPS
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Mar 2003

nice win for Arse, hope for the same for MU. let the porto trashing begin

by the way, shocking results in moscow and prague...

and yeah, go chelsea (i hate ze german clubs)

Comment

• Oriphus
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Aug 2003

Damn damn damn - thats it, its all over for me. Im not supporting that Sh*tty team anymore - im converting to Arsenal from now on. Ok, maybe thats a bit extreme, but feck me Alex Ferguson. What the hell was he playing at. The team is low on confidence. The obvious answer wouldve been to bring on Ronaldo a lot sooner to create some flare in the right hand side where we were getting slaughtered. Also, substitute Saha for Ole Gunner. Anyway, enough said, im too angry to comment properly...
      http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

I just caught the goal highlights and the statistics. 58% possession, 21 shots on goal for Porto, compared to only 4 shots by United. It sounds like you were really out played, and that you were lucky to get the 2-1 losing scoreline.

One concern must be the number of headed goals you've conceded (2 from the Juninho, 1 from Alan Smith, neither of them known for header goals). This one was with 2 defenders going up for the ball. The good news for you is that Arsenal are crap at headers, so you should be safe in the match at Highbury.

From what you posted, it appears Saha didn't do to well?? He looked great when paired with RvN in the Southampton game.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

Not to gloat or anything, but this was what I posted back in December:

What must be worrying for United is all the loses you've had so far. I think you are in a similar situation to Arsenal last season, when we also got to this stage of the season top of the league, but having lost 4 games already. As Tony Adams said before last season's capitulation at Old Trafford, Arsenal will not win the league unless they can turn loses into draws when you're not playing well, and I think we've done extremely well in this area this season (also reflected in the number of times we've won games after conceding a goal first). This should also be much more important in the second half of the season, as the skills drop, and scrappy games will start to feature more.
          This is what I read on a ManU forum:

Arsenal (this time last year) = United now
          We may even win the FA Cup to complete the mirror image.
          So it's not just me then ...

It's good to see the second "bold" sentence in my post still holding true, especially against Chelsea.

Comment

• Oriphus
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Aug 2003

Yeah, pretty much all true. We are conceding a lot of goals from headers and from corners. Saha was trying hard during the match but just not penetrating. RvN couldve scored twice but he looked like he wasnt thinking about the game. Alex Ferguson shouldve brought on Ronaldo a lot sooner, giving the boy 15minutes to try and change it is stupid. Roy was obviously frustrated, though i honestly dont think there was anything malicious in his step on the keeper.

We were completely out-played. Anytime we managed to get the ball we did a few passes in our own half then tried to go forward and lost it. It was such a frustrating game to watch. Im still angry about it. I do think we were lucky to get the 2-1 loss and i also tink that if the team doesnt perform anc atleast score 2-0 or 2 more goals than Porto, there will be serious heads banged in the changing room. If we dont win every other match in the League, including Highbury its over. If we draw or lose at Highbury the league is over. Its the key match in my opinion.

Comment

• MPS
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Mar 2003

damn it. what tha hell happened? and what was Keane thinking?! this really does not look too good before home play. hopefully, they will wake up till then. nice play by porto it has to be said, esp. mccasrthy. saha wasnt that bad, ronaldo should come on sooner, thats true. howard not to blame for the goals, sheer class from both RSA players.

Comment

• MPS
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Mar 2003

and btw, it's uefa cup night tonight, so bring on Bordeaux & FORZA GROCLIN!!!

Comment

• admin
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2001

Back to Premiership action today/tonight ...

Arsenal takes on fifth place Charlton at home, and although they no longer have Scott Parker, they're still a pretty tough team to beat - they're fifth for a reason!!

ManU travel to Fulham to take on one of only two teams to beat them at home this season. Without Saha, I don't think Fulham will offer much of a threat, so even ManU's defence should cope. A nice easy victory, I suspect, and will underline just how important Saha was to Fulham. ManU's drop in form has to end somewhere, right?

The blue side of Manchester takes on the blue side of London. City has been in horrible form of late, and it is unlikely they will get anything other than a hiding out of this game.

Probably due to the League Cup final, all top three teams kick off at the same time, I'm just glad that my local TV station is carrying the Arsenal game, as they could have easily chosen the Chelsea one (the cable station is carrying the ManU game).

Comment

• MPS
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Mar 2003

damn it! what happended to groclin? to have like eight 100% opportunities and not score any, play vs. 10 players for 60 minutes, to finally lose by one goal scored in the 90th minute - i'm peessd off men!

Comment

• Oriphus
                      Digital Video Technician
                      Digital Video Technician
                      • Aug 2003

I have nothing to say about the United match today, except congratulations on winning the Premiership Admin, its deserved with an unbeaten record such as the one you have. Cant believe Chelsea are ahead of us now...

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
                        Digital Video Expert
                        Digital Video Expert
                        • Mar 2002

It's not totally over yet, as Arsene Wenger said today. I am not getting my hopes up yet.
                        MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
                        Look here before posting questions

Comment

• admin
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2001

Another 8 wins and a draw is what Arsenal needs to win the league ... We played poorly in the second half against Charlton, and barely got the win. Shouldn't have really happened to a team at the top of the league, and who scored in the 2nd and 4th minutes.

Has Sir Alex lost the plot? What's with all the changes to the team line up? Has he given up on the league to concentrate on the CL or FA Cup?

Comment

• Oriphus
                            Digital Video Technician
                            Digital Video Technician
                            • Aug 2003

I think he has given up on the league, especailly after the team he started with today. If we won the CL it would make up for the poor performances....

Comment

• MPS
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              • Mar 2003

im speechless in regard to mu's latest results! maybe we need David after all...
                              Last edited by MPS; 29 Feb 2004, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Oriphus
                                Digital Video Technician
                                Digital Video Technician
                                • Aug 2003

nah - that isnt the problem, Ronaldo can more than compensate for David as can solskjaer. What really need is for the manager to get his head out of his ass. Imagine leaving two of your most influential players (RvN and Giggs) on the bench when you need to win a match badly. It is beyond belief....

Comment

Working...