Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Kenyon's big money move - yet another reason to hate Chelski ...

Good news for Arsenal financially though, actually made a profit this year, despite having to pay £40 million for the new stadium construction costs (originally to be financed by loans), to be secured back after the loans are approved, which shouldn't be a problem now with the new Nike deal helping to secure the loan.

I think its official that Chelski are now the biggest club, financially, in the league. Not so much financial reach (in terms of fan base), but very deep pockets for the immediate future (another £110 million come January?). They have always been bigger than Arsenal financially (and so have United, Liverpool and a half dozen other clubs, including Tottenham), so it doesn't affect us, as much as it affects Man U.

But I suspect none of this will have much effect on Chelski (at least not positive ones) on the field, or in the final league positions come May.
    Last edited by admin; 10 Sep 2003, 01:17 AM.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• MPS
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Mar 2003

you've returned it to the National Rifle Association

let him go to chelsea and work under the bolschevik reign - soon u'll see signs like "Chelseans of all nations unite" and "Mother Chelsea"

Comment

• MPS
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Mar 2003

admin:
        Arsenal may have the gratest deals they can - whatever, MU still can beat them playing bearfoot

Comment

• Oriphus
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Aug 2003

Arsenal's finances are improving, no doubt about it, but they are still in £45 million of debt. Considering Man Utd on average make around £40million Net profit each year (based on last 3 years which is also more than all of the big American Basketball and NFL teams), i think their position is still a very strong one. Another thing that i am sure about is the fact that United will always remain one of the big 3, along with Barcelona and of course Real Madrid. I dont forsee that changing anytime in the next millenium wither

On the Peter Kenyan point, I really feel very let down by someone who was supposed to have our clubs best interests at heart. How long has this move been in the pipeline?? How has it affected his most recent decisions?? I would work for United for free, so would any real fan. I love the club and no matter how much money was waved in my face, it wouldnt matter. I think it comes down to his own greed and lust for money.

All United needs now is the Russian Billionaire, who allegedly puts Roman Abromavich's wealth to shame (we're talking 5 times richer or something) to launch his hostile takeover of Man United. It was in the pipeline a while ago, but it never materialised. Lets see.....
          http://www.dvd-backup.tk

Comment

• MPS
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Mar 2003

afaic MU is a national good - can't be sold

Comment

• Oriphus
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Aug 2003

Yeah, true!

England won today. Fantastic i suppose for the English though it was really to be expected from a country that only has 30,000 occupants (ie they couldnt fill Old trafford) and they only have 8 professional footballers. Well done to them anyway.

Comment

• gchester
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Feb 2002

couldnt agree me oriphus, englands lackluster display against leitchenstein did nothing to inspire me that we will win next month against turkey but as were now group leaders a draw will see us win the group....now until that happens lets get back to the premiership man u man u will win this weekend no doubt maybe the new ronaldo will score???

Comment

• Oriphus
                  Digital Video Technician
                  Digital Video Technician
                  • Aug 2003

poor Kleberson out for 6 weeks with a fractured or dislecated (spelt wrong) shoulder

Comment

• MPS
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Mar 2003

England won today. Fantastic i suppose for the English

englands lackluster display against leitchenstein did nothing to inspire me that we will win next month against turkey but as were now group leaders a draw will see us win the group....
                    well... a win's a win. in Turkey i bet on a draw.
                    going back to the premiership - Charlton 0 MU 2 i say

Comment

• admin
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2001

Arsenal's game tonight will be a tough one. A narrow win is what I am hoping for, but a draw or even a defeat won't surprise me. Then it will be :

Inter Milan (at Home)
                      Man Utd (A)
                      Newcastle (H)
                      Lokomotiv Moscow (A)
                      Liverpool (A)
                      Chelsea (H)

A nice and easy fixture list

Hoping for 8 or 10 points in the next 4 league games, plus all 6 points in the CL games.

Comment

• Oriphus
                        Digital Video Technician
                        Digital Video Technician
                        • Aug 2003

Your team will be fine if they have a full compliment. But if what happened at the en dof last season, ie Vierra and Campbell bot out, then it will probably fall to pieces again. United are taking on Charlton in 3 mins, cant watch the bloody match anywhere so ill have to wait till Sunday midnight to see it on MUTV

Comment

• MPS
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          • Mar 2003

Hoping for 8 or 10 points in the next 4 league games, plus all 6 points in the CL games.
                          Arsenal - Inter 1:1
                          Man Utd - Arsenal 2:1
                          Arsenal - Newcastle 1:0
                          Lokomotiv Moscow - Arsenal 0:1
                          Liverpool - Arsenal 1:1
                          Arsenal - Chelsea 2:2

a more likely line-up of scores isnt it?

Comment

• admin
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2001

My prediction, unfortunately, came true. Arsenal drew against Pompey

A tactical error by Wenger, IMHO. 3 changes from the last game that :

1. weakened the attack,
                            2. weakened the midfield defensively,
                            3. and let a center midfield defensive player in an attacking wing position, even though it would have made sense to play him in center midfield.

The three introduced players have yet to start a game this season, while established players were sitting on the bench, and brought on as subs when the game was already slipping away.

The equalising goal came from a penalty that, to be fair, was probably undeserved. This is a game that we would have probably lost, without that bit of luck.

I know it's only a draw, and it's only five games in (and we're still top of the league), but it's games like this that makes or breaks a season

Comment

• admin
                              Administrator
                              • Nov 2001

Coming up predictions - optimistic version :

Arsenal - Inter 0:0
                              Man Utd - Arsenal 1:1
                              Lokomotiv Moscow - Arsenal 1:2
                              Arsenal - Chelsea 3:2

That gives us 8 points in the league, and 4 points in the CL group.

-----------

Coming up predictions - semi-pessimistic version :

Arsenal - Inter 1:2
                              Man Utd - Arsenal 2:1
                              Lokomotiv Moscow - Arsenal 1:2
                              Arsenal - Chelsea 2:2

That gives us 5 points in the league, and 3 point in the CL group.

Comment

• Oriphus
                                Digital Video Technician
                                Digital Video Technician
                                • Aug 2003

I think you will beat Liverpool ok, I think that united will beat you and i Think a draw at Chelsea might be on the boards. Another point worth noting about Arsenal is that they always always have a slight slump whenever their players return from International football. Usually a few games.

Admin - I'll be at the match next week in Old Trafford

Comment

Working...