• Show
Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

microsoft windows version 1 pics

have a look at windows version 1

Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!
  • BoF
    • Nov 2001

I've started to take screenshots from win XP (the bug report window is my favorite one)...I hope it will take value in a few years.
    [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• gd_nimrod
      • Nov 2002

Thanks thats some nice info.
      Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
      http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
      http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
        It Was The Dog, I Swear!
        • Nov 2003

Thanks for the link the the windows 1 pictures. unfortunately, they don't show much beyond the setup process, which of course is not showing windows at all. It's showing DOS in the process of installing windows.

Interesting though, for people who have never known anything but windows 3.1 + or perhaps 95 +.

I'm guilty of owning windows 1. Still got the disks, and they still work (on PC's I put together from dumpster parts) Got bit by the PC bug back around DOS 2(?). My first IBM PC was 2 megahertz with 640 KB of ram. and it was the best on the block. Hell, it was the only one in the whole damn neighborhood. Other than dos, you had to write your own software, but hell, that was the whole point.

Windows 1 through 3 were nothing more than what they were intended to be--- A graphical interface for the real operating system--DOS.

Had to compete with the fancy shmancy graphical interface of the most popular computers of the time---- commodore/apple (yuck!)

Thus began microsofts first anti-trust suit and they've been at it ever since. Apple invented the object based (Icons) interface, ya know. Still, even then you couldn't sell me one, I couldn't afford it, hardly anyone could!

God bless the judge that ruled in favor of microsoft back then. I don't think there would have been a digital revolution otherwise. It would have been more like gradual introduction and we'd all still think the apple 2C was a powerful machine come 1990.
        My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• Xero
          • Jan 2004

it comes with the win 1 files at the bottom

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

beautiful THANKS!

Comment

Working...