X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freefileshare
    • Mar 2004

Can't send large files?- READ THIS

Hi everyone,

As I can see, everyone here is interested in downloading videos. I'm sure you've probably tried to share these files with friends or family but couldn't since regular email has size limitations. I know of a service that can help you. Check out www.yousendit.com.
    With YouSendIt, you can send large files via e-mail up to 1GB for FREE! I'm sure this can benefit you, so try it out for FREE and tell your friends about this!

Simple and secure file sharing with Hightail. Send large files, preview visual assets, collect precise feedback and keep creative projects moving in one easy and secure cloud-based software. Try Hightail for free.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Please don't spam this board any more.

Comment

• Jomo
      • Mar 2004

... uh 1gb emails ... okay buddy if you say so...

go back to your crappy internet spam job opportunity...

Comment

• freefileshare
        • Mar 2004

Thought I was helping out!

Hey guys,

I really wasn't trying to spam.....There's no benefit for me to do so! I was just trying to help out! I've noticed alot of people complaining about the hosting problem. A lot of the services only allow limited number of downloads or limited space which is really annoying. I've experienced a number of problems because of this..... Anyway, I stumbled upon this service called YouSendIt(www.yousendit.com)

which allows you to host files up to 1GB. Basically you upload the file and it sends recipients a link.

You can then post the link up and then anybody can access it. There is no download limit and the service is free.

Service worked for me so I thought I'd share my finding.......That's all. Anyway, no big deal!

Bye

Comment

• BoF
          • Nov 2001

moved to Off Topic.
          [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

To freefileshare:

A quote from your initial post:

"As I can see, everyone here is interested in downloading videos."

You are making a presumptuous statement when you say this. Remember, downloading movies that you do not "Own" is an illegal activity. Read "Rule 6" of the rules of the forum.
            Last edited by ormonde; 15 Mar 2004, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Jomo
              • Mar 2004

Freak....

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Mar 2002

Haven't you got anything better to do insted of spamming. You must have posted the link three times.

"With YouSendIt, you can send large files via e-mail up to 1GB for FREE! I'm sure this can benefit you, so try it out for FREE and tell your friends about this!"

Of course your not advertising/spamming......

Isn't their a rule so that you need a minimum of 50 post counts to post in the off-topic thread..
                MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
                Look here before posting questions

Comment

• Jomo
                  • Mar 2004

There should be

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Mar 2002

Their is. I think its been bypassed as BoF moved the thread from another sub-forum. I think that should be stopped..
                    MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
                    Look here before posting questions

Comment

• admin
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2001

The bypassing of the 50 post rule happens quite rarely, so it's not that much of a problem. And moderators will have to decide if the post is pure SPAM or if it has some value to be placed in the off-topics forum.

So has anybody tried this site and is it a scam? You might want to use a free email account to try it though, since while their privacy policy says that they won't share your email address with others, it's not guarantee.
                      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• ormonde
                        Digital Video Explorer
                        • Dec 2003

I think it's a complete scam. You can't even connect to the site. Notice that the original poster has only responded once.

Comment

• admin
                          Administrator
                          • Nov 2001

I tried out the service with a Hotmail account - it seems to work though. Click on the link below to download a trailer I uploaded (it's the Return of the King preview trailer, the most popular trailer on DivX Digest):

Send large files, preview visual assets, collect precise feedback and keep creative projects moving in one easy and secure solution. Try Hightail for free.

The download speed is not that great (16 - 25 KB/s), so perhaps it's not suited to large files.
                          Last edited by admin; 18 Mar 2004, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• admin
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2001

And it supports GetRight/download managers, but not the resume function, so yes, it's pretty useless for large files.

Comment

• BoF
                              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by hacker_on_fire
                              I think its been bypassed as BoF moved the thread from another sub-forum. I think that should be stopped..
                              Well, in fact I just decided to "clean up" the general section by moving this post to the Off Topic one. I broke the 50p rule because I think this "e-mail service" can be tested and criticized, what, imho, is not totaly spamming. Of course, freefileshare shouldn't post another reference to his business.
                              have a nice day

Originally posted by admin
                              The download speed is not that great (16 - 25 KB/s), so perhaps it's not suited to large files.
                              I've tested with your file and it has downloaded @ 50 KB/sec ... but they may have set a special upload priority to divx-digest
                              [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

Working...