X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Hi jmet

To re-assign your drive letters go to your control panel>Admin tools>Computer Management>Disk Management.

Right click the hard drives you want to change and select Change drive letter and Paths.

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

Thank You Mig$y! That did the trick!

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

Curius - how did you end up with it to work?

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

I messed with the jumper settings. I am not done with it, as I think I did it wrong. Although that is the best way to learn in my opinion, by trial and error.

It was the first time I had ever messed with that. I was as confused as a hungry baby in a titty bar.

Comment

• cynthia
              Super Moderatress
              • Jan 2004

A FAQ: http://www.cheap-discount-computer-p...hard_drive.htm

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

Unfortunately, in my case both hard drives are setup different. Ex: my Hitachi hard drive has different jumper settings than my Western Digital. (Per: the diagram on the top of the hard drive)

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Nov 2004

if some jumpers are set horizontally (or no jumpers), that would indicate that the drive was set as a "stand-alone" (without any slave or other drives attached to the same cable). some older drives require to be set in this way
                  you may need a magnifying glass to look if any printed indication is shown on ccb of the hdd (if it's not shown anywhere else).

also, if you have problems using some/certain drive combinations - then try another combination. just don't forget to set the "master/slave" jumpers accordingly. one more thing - you might wanna try to swap/change whichever drive is at the end of the cable & move it/them around.
                  just be aware that from time-to-time people do come across drive combinations that just can't be made compatible with their other drives. just be patient, do it slowly, keep notes on which combinations you already tried, & you should make good progress.

you might also wanna try :
                  hdd = prim/master
                  rom = prim/slave

nec = 2ndry/master
                  hdd = 2ndry/slave

hope some these methods are of some help

Comment

• blutach
                    Not a god of digital video
                    • Oct 2004

Yo!! Mentor!!! Long Time mate.

'Oweryagoinmate?

Regards
                    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Nov 2004

ahoy there blu

it's gonna go for even longer relapse (grrrrrr). just got back from the chiro again ... same crap, but this time a different back-brace

sad about our teams matey keep wishing (lol)

cheers

Comment

• jmet
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2002

Well I got it working. It was the jumper settings.

I also decreased my ripping time by over %60. My FSB was set at 100, so I changed it to 166. My transfer speed tripled. I was transferring at around 3000 KB/s, I changed the FSB speed and now I get speeds over 25,000 KB/s. (Blutach, that was the reason in all of the screen shots I posted in the guides I made of the total time it took. If you remember, it took almost 2 hours. Now it only takes about 30 to 40 min.)

It used to show my processor speed at 1.08 gigahertz. Now it shows 1.85 gigahertz.
                        Last edited by jmet; 29 Apr 2005, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• cynthia
                          Super Moderatress
                          • Jan 2004

Now we are only waiting for the first report on overheating problems...

Comment

• jmet
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2002

Originally posted by cynthia
                            Now we are only waiting for the first report on overheating problems...
                            And if I never have any over heating problems?

Edit: 2 days of constantly running, and its still going. If I do experience heat problems, I'll step it down one notch to 133 FSB.

Comment

• cynthia
                              Super Moderatress
                              • Jan 2004

Then you know that your fan is working.

Comment

• jmet
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2002

All 4 of them.

Comment

Working...