• tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

any volunteers

Boffins create zombie dogs
    By Nick Buchan of NEWS.com.au
    27-06-2005

Eerie ... boffins have brought dead dogs back to life, in the name of science.
    SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.

US scientists have succeeded in reviving the dogs after three hours of clinical death, paving the way for trials on humans within years.
    Pittsburgh's Safar Centre for Resuscitation Research has developed a technique in which subject's veins are drained of blood and filled with an ice-cold salt solution.

The animals are considered scientifically dead, as they stop breathing and have no heartbeat or brain activity.

But three hours later, their blood is replaced and the zombie dogs are brought back to life with an electric shock.

Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre.

However rather than sending people to sleep for years, then bringing them back to life to benefit from medical advances, the boffins would be happy to keep people in this state for just a few hours,

But even this should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss.

During the procedure blood is replaced with saline solution at a few degrees above zero. The dogs' body temperature drops to only 7C, compared with the usual 37C, inducing a state of hypothermia before death.

Although the animals are clinically dead, their tissues and organs are perfectly preserved.

Damaged blood vessels and tissues can then be repaired via surgery. The dogs are brought back to life by returning the blood to their bodies,giving them 100 per cent oxygen and applying electric shocks to restart their hearts.

Tests show they are perfectly normal, with no brain damage.

"The results are stunning. I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology," said one US battlefield doctor.

Help | Contact Us | Jobs at News | Advertise with us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy
    Copyright 2005 News Limited. All times AEST (GMT + 10).
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

this is one technology advancement we humans can do without. but, like cloning, it cannot be stopped...
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Mig$y
      Retired
      • Jan 2004

Ever seen Flatliners...?

Comment

• blutach
        Not a god of digital video
        • Oct 2004

How's bubs migsy?

Regards
        Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
        [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

i think it's great, i believe in stem cell research and even cloning on humans. they should clone everyone from birth.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by Mig$y
            Ever seen Flatliners...?
            yes. with Julia Roberts. Now their's one gal I'd die for. no pun intended

Comment

• Mig$y
              Retired
              • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by blutach
              How's bubs migsy?

Regards
              All good thanks mate, hope you and yours are good

Comment

• Mig$y
                Retired
                • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by tigerman8u
                yes. with Julia Roberts. Now their's one gal I'd die for. no pun intended
                Is that right tiges....!?

he he
                Last edited by Mig$y; 2 Jul 2005, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• tigerman8u
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by Mig$y
                  Is that right tiges....!?

he he
                  well I guess I have to take that back. Gee what did you do to her.

Comment

• anonymez
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2004

LOL tigerman you'd better not visit http://www.worth1000.com then
                    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• tigerman8u
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Aug 2003

some of those pics are really disgusting

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by columbo999
                        i think it's great, i believe in stem cell research and even cloning on humans. they should clone everyone from birth.

Well I do not know all the people you know but from what I have seen in this world there are a lot of people that should never re-produce let alone be cloned. OMG mg:

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Norm
                          • Dec 2004

Well I do not know all the people you know but from what I have seen in this world there are a lot of people that should never re-produce let alone be cloned. OMG mg:

I couldn't agree more

ps This was not meant to be directed to anyone on this board
                          Last edited by Norm; 3 Jul 2005, 11:48 PM.
                          "Women"

can't live with 'em........Pass the Beernuts

Comment

• tigerman8u
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                            could you imagine a bunch of hitler's or bin laden's or saddam insane's running around free. what a provoking thought. especially if they were all cloned and turned loose simultanously

on 2nd thought maybe they would be to busy fighting/killing each other for world dominance to bother us.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              Queen of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2004

Although if we could clone a few more of ourselves then we would have more free time as our clones could do all of our work for us.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...