Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J8son
    • Jun 2005

Printing Offical Size DVD Covers

Recently I've been using the label creator that comes bundled with Roxio Easy CD-DVD Creator Platinum.

However, I have traded that app for Nero with only one regret. Roxio's label making program printed perfectly sized DVD covers that are exactly the same height and width of a retail DVD covers.

Now, every single cover printing app I find on the net always prints that labels about an inch to small.

Does anyone know of a good regulation size DVD cover making program?
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

It is not the "application" you use, it is actually the paper (and printer) in which you use. The margin settings in the printer are actually what cut the sides off to short. Unless you can somehow "over ride" those settings, there is no way to get a "correct size DVD cover" printed on 8.5" X 11" paper". You actually need " 8.5" X 14" " paper.

Comment

• DarKnyt
      • Oct 2004

Would border-less photo printing work?

Comment

• Ducati996
        • Feb 2005

From what i have found though DVDs aren't 8.5 tall nor are they 14 long. Where did u get those numers J??? Just aksin..

Will G.

Comment

• 2COOL
          Kamen Moderator V3
          • Aug 2003

Hmmm...I don't think this thread should be in this forum. It has nothing to do with DVD Shrink.
          2CL C Henshin!
          If you got a dollar for everytime someone called you ugly, you'd be a millionaire...an "ugly" millionaire.±

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by DarKnyt
            Would border-less photo printing work?
            Yes

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by Ducati996
              From what i have found though DVDs aren't 8.5 tall nor are they 14 long. Where did u get those numers J??? Just aksin..

Will G.
              They are not, its the printers margin settings for 8.5" X 11" paper that cuts the edges off. It doesn't cut them off when you use "8.5" X 14" paper" and select that size in your printer properties.

Comment

• Postal
                • Sep 2003

J8son,

I also liked Roxio's Jewel Case Creator for making jewel case inserts for my cd backups. Before I ditched (uninstalled) Roxio (version 5 I believe) I copied the Jewel Case Creator folder to another area on my hard drive. I then made a desktop shortcut to the file CDJewel.exe. Your version might be named slightly different.

As other posters have mentioned it's probably your margins setting for your printer. I usually don't use DVD cases for my DVD backups, however, my daughter uses them. I have used ACDSee for printing them. I change the printer setting to landscape, have 0" for all margins and have it print at 10.75 in. wide by 7.25 in. high. Works like a charm for me.

Comment

• J8son
                  • Jun 2005

Actually, I dug out my Roxio installation disc and did a custom install. It allowed me to only install the Label Creator.

Also, I changed absolutely no settings on my printer and I am using the standard 8.5 x 11 inch paper. I just printed 3 perfectly size covers with Roxio.

I still am a firm believer that it is the software and not the hardware (in most cases).

Comment

• clink
                    theboss@clinks
                    • Jun 2005

http://www.coverxp.com/main.asp. Go here and use this. By far the best cover program IMO. A standard size DVD cover is 3240 x 2175 px at 300 dpi.
                    Last edited by clink; 22 Jul 2005, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• Derree
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Jul 2005

All I have been using for the last while (and I did post this somewhere else in the forums is a site called cdcovers.cc this site has every cover you could ever want...just save and print size is always right....
                      sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
                      good
                      -------------------------------------------

Comment

• fuzzball2001

I hav found out that it isnt the hardware but the software and i am using a program called Easy Media Cover it works perfect for my back ups i use photo paper for it because its more sturdy and prints out a better image i cant tell the difference from the originals except the scanner quality on some prints.

L8er

Comment

Working...