• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

Linux/Unix Vulnerabilities Outnumber Microsoft Windows' 3 To 1

Linux and Unix had 2,328 vulnerabilities last year, compared with 812 vulnerabilities for Microsoft Windows, according to the U.S. government's computer security group.

Read More
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

I think the real question is how many Windows vulnerabilities haven't been reported, and how serious are all of these vulnerabilities (that have and haven't been reported) ccompared to Linux/Unix ones. Also what counts as a vulnerability, and with so many Linux distributions, does one vulnerability count once for all distributions, or once for each distribution.

With that said, Windows' bad reputation has partly to do with the fact that it is the most popular consumer OS in the world. If Linux was the most popular OS, I believe there might also be quite lots of complaints about bugs, virii, spyware, trojans...
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• techreactor
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

More than that, how many vulnerabilities have been exploited and how many unix/linux systems have been hacked, how many viruses and spyware have affected these systems??????.

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

Originally Posted by admin
        With that said, Windows' bad reputation has partly to do with the fact that it is the most popular consumer OS in the world. If Linux was the most popular OS, I believe there might also be quite lots of complaints about bugs, virii, spyware, trojans...
        im with u on that

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

Originally Posted by techreactor
          how many unix/linux systems have been hacked, how many viruses and spyware have affected these systems??????.
          this links directly to this......

Originally Posted by admin

Comment

Working...