X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

This year's Darwin Awards are out

As faithfully reported by Movie Junkie here.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

• Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

Those were great! I liked #7
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Cambion7
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Nov 2005

I think the one of the guy shoveling snow is a recycled honourable mention. I do remember hearing about the mobile home... actually was reported as an RV at a national park. The owners returned from a hike to find a trail of blue fluid on the ground near the RV... and a lot of vomit. Same thing; the guy accidently got the sewage tank... though I find that hard to believe. Still very funny to think someone could be that stupid!

Cambion7
      Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
      - Confidence

Comment

• Furiousg
        If you have any poo....throw it now
        • Dec 2005

I like #9

I can see how frustrated he would be without his onion rings hahaa
        -FuriousG-

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

1,2 ,3 and 5

1. When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during
          a hold-up in Long Beach, California, would-be robber James Elliot did
          something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and
          tried the trigger again. This time it worked..... And now, the honorable mentions:
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Zero G
            Next to Arch Stanton
            • Jan 2006

Why can't all robbers pull a #1?
            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

this thread is kind of eerie to me. just 2 days ago i was thinking about these awards for no reason at all, and was contemplating a thread.....good work blooie

BTW: has anyone noticed the recent surge in OT threads?
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Furiousg
                If you have any poo....throw it now
                • Dec 2005

Zero Grav is the culprit....he is filled to the brim with utterly useless information. And no doubt he enjoys nothing more than to share it all with us.
                -FuriousG-

Comment

• Derree
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Jul 2005

I love ot threads....if they counted for posts I am sure I would be over 250 by now..as it is I am stuck at 199...can't find anyone I can help
                  sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
                  good
                  -------------------------------------------

Comment

• BR7
                    He is coming to your little town!
                    • Aug 2005

These are great blu It reminds of what I caught on the radio yesterday Some lady was freaked out because her husband has been missing for a week so she called the cops and they did some investigating and they found the husband it turns out he was at a local brothel with two of the ladies there the entire week they said the wife was very pleased that he was found alive but not so happy he was at a brothel(True Story)
                    Last edited by BR7; 26 Jan 2006, 07:44 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                      NOT an online superstore
                      • Oct 2005

Great stuff!
                      Except the post after when he swears... they should censor those forums for God's sake!
                      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                      My DVD Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

try and erase it from your mind drf. you need to cleanse yourself now
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• Derree
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Jul 2005

hey drf you better go and wash your eyes out ...I recommend rubbing alchool to really get the sight out of your eyes by the way..I am just joking!
                          sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
                          good
                          -------------------------------------------

Comment

• Cambion7
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Derree
                            hey drf you better go and wash your eyes out ...I recommend rubbing alchool to really get the sight out of your eyes by the way..I am just joking!
                            That's about as funny as Peggy Hill inventing a new cleaning solution... the brightening power of bleach, and the cleaning power of ammonia.... Kids... do not try this at home!

Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
                            - Confidence

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                              NOT an online superstore
                              • Oct 2005

Yeah I am not that st00pid!
                              CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                              Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                              My DVD Collection