X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by bill7621
    Why bother with space? And as far as life out there, which I do believe in, why in heaven's name would they want to contact us? What do we have to offer them?
    The film Galaxy Quest popped in my head reading that. Perhaps Aliens watching Star Trek from the 60's and need help defeating a bad guy.

Comment

• DiscoInferno
      • Apr 2005

I heard on the radio this week S.E.T.I (search for extra terrestrial intelligence)
      narrowed down their search to five planets that could support alien life. Thats carbon based life, like our planet supports.

If there were intelligent life out there somewhere, watching our planet, then all they would see would be a very young planet earth, boiling and bubbling away with the only "lifeforms" being bacteria, all because of the speed of light. The light being reflected off us and our planet now will take so long to leave our galaxy and "be seen" by intelligent alien life we will probably be extinct by the time we hear "take us to your leader".
      All this is explained a lot better in Bill Brysons book A Short History of Nearly Everything. Without a doubt the most interesting book ive ever read.

Comment

• proboller86
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Feb 2006

yeah if there is some kind of proof

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

I think all this brings us to the elementary dilemma of dialectics.Is it, because we see so we believe?Or,because we believe so we see?I would like to ask the believers whether or not they had the belief even before they had the experiences.I think they had.So IMHO,here atleast it is a case of "because we believe so we see".Me and other non believers will thus never be able to hav these experiences(so unlucky ).Those who say they will believe only if they see are infact believers because they accept that they may be able to have these experiences some day.A true non believer is happy with the fact that he will NEVER have a paranormal experience.
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• bill7621
            It could be worse.
            • Jun 2005

Never say never!
            Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed!

Comment

• jeo
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Feb 2004

Originally Posted by paglamon
              Me and other non believers will thus never be able to hav these experiences.....A true non believer is happy with the fact that he will NEVER have a paranormal experience.
              read my post about my friend "non believer", http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...9&postcount=50 and read the word "terapy" as: long time in hospital like mad (using straitjacket for some time),without family and friends(no visitors)!!!
              ....was too bad!!! now he is fine(better) and out of hospital but is not the same because he can't work or teach and use remedys every day!
              still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

Working...