Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Furiousg
    If you have any poo....throw it now
    • Dec 2005

I felt so bad for Kenny. Sherk didn't do a dam thing on the mat but hold him down. I think he landed a total of 7 elbows in 25 minutes. They should have been stood up sooo many times.

No offense to Sherk for his performance though. He played his game perfectly, neutralizing Florian's forte's. But Sherk's performance was the spitting image of all of Rashad Evans victories (read:boring). Strong enough and quick enough to get a takedown, control on the ground and stalemate a decision ( albeit Evans did score a TKO his last fight )

On an upnote...that Pride card looks mighty tantalizing. ( Coleman is in for a thrashing ! )

PS... I have been reading about others justifying Silva's title shot by beating "Top contender" Chris Leben.......what did I miss where the Crippler could be considered a top contender!!!?! Anyhoo, Silva rightfully deserves the title for demolishing Franklin (who oddly enough could have taken his own advice for Serra and taken a knee to save his face from Silva's kneecaps )
    -FuriousG-

Comment

• Derree
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by locoeng
      So no grappling with Butterbean? Kicking?
      I am not sure I would assume that they would still have grappling and kicking.. if not it does not belong on the card...then again neither does Butterbean...what a joke....He is gonna get his arse handed to him I hope..I remember that the WWE brought him in as part of a short lived shoot fight angle they did a few years back and he won really easy...but that was against (in real life)touch pro wrestlers..this is a whole different story...
      sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
      good
      -------------------------------------------

Comment

• Furiousg
        • Dec 2005

If it goes to the ground, I can't see Butterbean even getting up LOL

I used to look forward to his undercard 3 rounder's when I used to get the PPV De Le Hoya, Jones Jr, Mosely fights. He was entertaining to watch, like a bull dozer, drops his head down and starts swingin for the fence. Although I did feel bad for the poor shmucks that got knocked out by Butterbean hehe.

But I agree Derree, if there is no ground game or grappling it doesn't belong on the card.
        -FuriousG-

Comment

• MikeyBK
          Digital Video Maniac
          • Feb 2006

The verdicts in about Penn.

Find the latest UFC event schedule, watch information, fight cards, start times, and broadcast details.
          MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
          Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
          ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
          Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
          XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
          Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
          Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
          *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
          *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

Good article...I can't wait for Penn to get back in the action.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
            Walt Kelly

Comment

• superman217
              Newblit
              • Jul 2006

Penn is over rated I dont see him coming back, george is going to dominate matt, and hold the belt for awhile,I think.
              The final state of any discipline is where you forget what you have learned, discard your mind, and accomplish whatever you set out to do without being aware of it yourself. You begin by learning and reach the point where learning does not exist.

Comment

• MikeyBK
                Digital Video Maniac
                • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by superman217
                Penn is over rated I dont see him coming back, george is going to dominate matt, and hold the belt for awhile,I think.
                If George wins, you can bet there will be a re-match with Penn. I think Penn will finish George the next time around and not let him 'squeek' out another win.
                Have you ever seen Penn against some of the fighters such as Gomi of Japan?
                MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• locoeng
                  Who Farted?
                  • Dec 2005

Yuppers...I don't think Penn is over rated at all. He is the real deal.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                  Walt Kelly

Comment

• Furiousg
                    • Dec 2005

I don't think Penn is over-rated...but if BJ was as good as he is touted to be, he would have beaten GSP, let alone losing a decision. He is supposed to be a dominant Welterweight, and to convince me of that would require a dominating win, not letting it go to the judges for a decision loss.

If he wasn't injured in the Hughes fight, and if he didn't gas in the 4th or 5th he likely would have won that bout starting the way he did. Who's to say though...you never know!

I think I would like to see Diego Sanchez fight either BJ, or the loser of the Hughes/St Pierre to see where he stands with the top three. We need another challenger rather than see this love triangle go for much longer.
                    -FuriousG-

Comment

• MikeyBK
                      Digital Video Maniac
                      • Feb 2006

Yeah, I'd love to see that Sanchez - Penn bout!!
                      I also think that Penn dominated Hughes in their first fight, and would've dominated him in that second one as well had he not broken a rib. I also think he dominated GSP in their fight but may have taken that fight too lightly and didn't train hard enough to go the distance and gassed at the end.
                      Anyone able to find a link for that GSP-Penn bout?
                      MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• Furiousg
                        • Dec 2005

Loco likely has it somewhere, he always comes up with sweet links
                        I will have a peek, I may have it somewhere too.
                        -FuriousG-

Comment

• locoeng
                          Who Farted?
                          • Dec 2005

Actually can't find that fight right now...here is some penn highlights though.

DomainMarket.com sells premium domain names to entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofits that want to dominate their online marketplaces and control great brands.

if BJ was as good as he is touted to be, he would have beaten GSP, let alone losing a decision.
                          Anyone can have a bad night, that's what some say of the first Penn/Hughes fight...hughes just had a bad night. I'm not taking away anything from any of these top fighters, they are all excellent athletes and have the heart and soul to be champs. My favorite just happens to be Penn for the UFC ATM, even with the recent loss...that is what I always hated about boxing, one smudge on the record and everyone starts talking about retirement and being washed up...any one can get their act back together and be a contender if they apply themselves, just look at Gatti's last run. Of coarse he's washed up now. LOL
                          Last edited by locoeng; 22 Oct 2006, 10:45 AM. Reason: correction

Walt Kelly

Comment

• MikeyBK
                            Digital Video Maniac
                            • Feb 2006

Ever heard of Ryoto Machida? Well this guy demolished Rich Franklin in Japan. And not too long before that he fought BJ Penn and barely won by decision over Penn and only because he is much heavier than Penn and only because he leaned on Penn alot using his weight advantage. Penn had him down a couple of times though.

Only time will tell if Penn can reach his potential. I will go on the line right now and say that he 'will' beat St. Pierre if they fight again.
                            MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• Furiousg
                              • Dec 2005

Machida dominated that fight,then finished it with a sweet (ironic??) knee and a left hook that dropped Franklin like a brick. I actually thought Machida was going to finish in the first round on the ground.

I would agree that Penn should beat GSP, but then again I haven't seen St Pierre fight in quite some time. And I am sure he went back and worked on his standup after getting pummelled by Penn...his face was messy

PS... The Real Deal is starting, Lawler and Villasenor are about to square off. Mark Hunt is out and Sean Haire is in against Butterbean, Herb Dean got a bigger audience welcome than any of the initially announced fighters.....and I won't be back for a while...off to the widescreen!!
                              -FuriousG-

Comment

• locoeng
                                Who Farted?
                                • Dec 2005

Damn...I gotta go! Thanks for reminding me.

Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...