Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

I was disappointed in the Arlovski fight and the first one....A. Silva and Kongo. At least the Silva/Kongo fight was slightly action packed. If Kongo takes Rogans advice I think he could be a huge factor in the heavyweight picture some day.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• MikeyBK
      Digital Video Maniac
      • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by locoeng
      I was disappointed in the Arlovski fight and the first one....A. Silva and Kongo. At least the Silva/Kongo fight was slightly action packed. If Kongo takes Rogans advice I think he could be a huge factor in the heavyweight picture some day.
      You're probably right about Kongo taking Rogan's advice on learning the groundgame...as it stands I don't think he'll stand a snowballs' chance in hell against the CroCop/Gonzaga winner...lol
      MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
      Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
      ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
      XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
      Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
      Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
      *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
      *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• Derree
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jul 2005

ever since Arlovski was knocked out by Sylvia he hasn't been the same...his fights are boring now like he is afraid to go in...and Rogan was sure right if Kongo learns the ground game ..wow...so is anyone watching season 5 of The Ultimate Fighter
        sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
        good
        -------------------------------------------

Comment

• locoeng
          Who Farted?
          • Dec 2005

Nah...my work schedule hasn't left me time or energy to keep up with the new season, but it looks good in the commercials. I see next seasons coaches are going to be Serra and Hughes.

Arlovski isn't the only one showing too much respect. It seems to be contagious, Arlovski then GSP (via Serra) and now Cro-Cop. If these guys wouldn't wait so long to attack or show so much respect waiting for the "other" guy to get off first these upsets probably wouldn't have happened.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
          Walt Kelly

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

Woof!

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Dan
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

Thanks for the link loco, that was entertaining.

Comment

• locoeng
                Who Farted?
                • Dec 2005

You are very welcome Dan....if I was a betting man I would have had problems betting a different way.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Derree
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Jul 2005

thanks loco...I gotta say I was dissapointed but not surprised by the outcome..I am such a huge Iceman fan but Rampage just has his number... at the end of the fight though Chuck looked pretty pissed..like he was ok but I woulda stopped the fight as well..
                  sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
                  good
                  -------------------------------------------

Comment

• Dan
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Dec 2005

I thought he looked confused, like I'm okay wtf happened?

Comment

• locoeng
                      Who Farted?
                      • Dec 2005

Yeah...he was definately stretched out, and I do mean out even if for only a second or two.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• MikeyBK
                        Digital Video Maniac
                        • Feb 2006

This really throws a monkey wrench into the UFC lightheavyweight picture...
                        Now all those that beat Jackson are going to say that Pride is just better than UFC...it's debatable, but atleast it will all most likely become UFC now (since UFC purchased the PrideFC,,,

I think Randy C's ground game will defeat Jackson....JMHO...
                        MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• locoeng
                          Who Farted?
                          • Dec 2005

I think the problem was that Chuck had reached the "superstar" status and maybe was more interested in being cool than fighting. I mean, he was fighting alot before the last year or so and has steadily made a decline since becoming the champ.

I didn't know that the UFC bought out PrideFC, but it makes sense now that so many of the Pride fighters are coming over to the UFC. I have always preferred the Pride guys to the UFC guys just because the depth of fighters is so good. There are just so many elite fighters in that organization, whereas the UFC seems a little more shallow. But I wouldn't say that people are going to say that Pride is "just" better, because... Cro-Cop just got KO'd; Gomi lost to Diaz; Lawler beat Villasenor, etc.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• MikeyBK
                            Digital Video Maniac
                            • Feb 2006

BJ Penn made mince meat out of Jens Pulver....

Figured as much. Penn was already pretty good the first time they fought, but nowhere near as good as he is now...

I see Penn going to reclaim his title from Sera, Hughes, or St. Pierre...won't matter who holds it at the time he gets the title shot.....
                            MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower

*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R

Comment

• locoeng
                              Who Farted?
                              • Dec 2005

I agree completely Mikey....although I switched it on as Joe was giving the interview. I would have figured as much though, I think Penn is well underrated. Now if he could just get motivated to be consistent and not get burned out every now and then I think he could stay on top for a very long while. BJ's biggest opponent seems to be himself.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• locoeng
                                Who Farted?
                                • Dec 2005

Spike TV had excellent free fights on last night for the UFC. If I had bet on the three big ones I would have lost money on all three and really all of them could have went either way except for one.

Mirko "Cro-Cop" vs. Cheik Kongo
                                Matt Hamill vs. Micheal Bisping
                                Quintin Jackson vs. Dan Henderson

Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...