X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floresdave
    results may vary
    • Mar 2006

Tarver Vs Hopkins

Anybody interested? For my money I think it will be a pretty evenly matched fight but boring and will go to decision with tarver winning by one point on one score card and maybe 5 on another and the other judge scoring the fight for hopkins by three or four points.

It's a good thing i can edit the post if i'm wrong
  • Gary D
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by floresdave
    It's a good thing i can edit the post if i'm wrong
    Yes but it will show in tiny writing at the bottom!!
    Gary D

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

I'll take Hopkins, he has something to prove and he is a Philly guy.

Comment

• Furiousg
        If you have any poo....throw it now
        • Dec 2005

It'll be a tough road for Hopkins thats for sure. Lost his last two, gettin a little old, and moving up a weight class is a heck of a test, but what better way to go out with a bang.

I am picking Tarver, possibly by late round KO, but more likely is a decision.
        -FuriousG-

Comment

• floresdave
          results may vary
          • Mar 2006

I won't spoil it for anyone but i was completely wrong. didn't see it, but read round by round on espn.go.com. Sounds like the kind of fight i despise a slow 12 round chess match where one guy does just enough to win every round but few explosive punches. Castillo vs Coralles1 that was a fight.

Comment

• BR7
            He is coming to your little town!
            • Aug 2005

I canceled My HBO so I didn't get to see it but I am pulling for Hopkins.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

From espn.com

It was a masterpiece, simple as that.

Bernard Hopkins is going out on top after thoroughly dominating Antonio Tarver to win the light heavyweight world championship Saturday night in a performance of historical proportions

Bhop is Philly's real life Rocky!!!

118-109 on all judges score cards !!!

Comment

• MikeyBK
                Digital Video Maniac
                • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by jm1647
                From espn.com

It was a masterpiece, simple as that.

Bernard Hopkins is going out on top after thoroughly dominating Antonio Tarver to win the light heavyweight world championship Saturday night in a performance of historical proportions

Bhop is Philly's real life Rocky!!!

118-109 on all judges score cards !!!

Lucky I never bet on that fight while in Vegas, would've lost some $$$$
                MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
                Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
                ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
                Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
                XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
                Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
                Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
                *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
                *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• floresdave
                  results may vary
                  • Mar 2006

It is great for Hopkins thought he might have gotten the short end of stick in his fights with Taylor. For Division creates a lot of turmoil, but Chad Dawson had an impressive victory over a guy who beat Tarver last weekend on SHOBOX. I would look for his status to rise quick. I hope tonites fight is on demand i would still like to watch it.

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

It'll probably be on On Demand. Hopkins stayed true to his style in the first Taylor fight, waiting til the late rounds, gave a good fight in the late rounds but a little too late. Still for a Champ to lose without being totally dominated thru the whole fight ain't right but I think he lost the first fight. The second fight he was robbed I think. But Hopkins is getting old and the fight game is looking for young blood.

I didn't see the Hopkins Taylor fight and look forward to seeing it.

Hopkins is from the streets, a prison fighter, and I would never bet against him even if he was 50 years old.

Hopkins has made his mark in boxing history, 10 year champ, 20 successful title defenses, 4 belts.

Boxing history will always bear the X from the Xecutioner.

Comment

• floresdave
                      results may vary
                      • Mar 2006

In the first fight i thought it could have gone either way. if i you gave even one of the first seven rounds to hopkins the fight was a draw. The last five rounds hopkins won impressively and if you gave him one 10-8 round he would be the winner. Taylor i'm sure is a good fighter, but haven't seen the heart like Hopkins has we'll see next weekend against winky wright. Tarver was obvioulsy my prefered winner for some clarity in division, but I think it's only appropriate for Hopkins to go out on top.
                      I really do think Chad Dawson will be one of the elite middleweight/light heavyweight contenders in the next year or so. He's only 23 even if it takes him a few years time is on his side. He could be fighting a 41 year old Tarver in a few years.

Comment

• floresdave
                        results may vary
                        • Mar 2006

Winky Wright VS Jermain Taylor any thoughts? I can believe someone that has balance issues and keeps his hands that low could be so problematic for Winky Wright. At the same time I think this fight showed Jermain Taylor has heart and power. He obviously has technical flaws, but he stuck in there fought the whole fight and got to go home with his belts. If Wright would have just fought that last round he would be champion right now. You don't win championships fighting 11/12 rounds and hoping you're ahead enough on points not if you are a challenger. Hope Taylor stays in gym works hard and does better in rematch maybe stops Wright.

Comment

Working...