Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • splean
    • Jan 2006

Anyone with a Dell computer...

The only computer I own is a desktop that I built myself 3 years back.. but im looking to get a laptop. Dell has nice deals for very reasonable prices.. and I like the fact that I can pay monthly. Anyone with a Dell desktop/laptop post your experiences.

Im looking to grab this.. http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/...SP6402_FEAT_E1
  • a2j3
    If it aint broke, don't fix it
    • Feb 2006

splean

Sounds good 2 me. The only thing I would change and this is just me, but I would change to xp pro, change to diff. virus protection and add the flaming hot design notebook cover. lol.
    sigpic

Comment

• splean
      • Jan 2006

The only thing im putting is XP pro.. I could just put it on myself but I would lose the warranty.

Comment

• a2j3
        If it aint broke, don't fix it
        • Feb 2006

splean

I agree with u there. They r pretty tough on the warranties. The reason I said change 2 xp pro is because on the list in the link xp home is checked?? Sorry misunderstood. lol
        sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

get a cooling pad and use it when doing any video processing, that baby will scream but create a lot of heat, I'd stay with home for that price

Comment

• Kabuchan
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Apr 2006

I bought my Dell PC 1 1/2 yrs ago for my business. Make sure you pay as much as you can each month. Their interest rates are not as competitive as many of the visas out there. Yes, you can pay $30 a month, but it might cover only the finance fees.

I'm with a2j3 - the flames are real cool!
            That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• volfann
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Jun 2006

I'm currently using my third Dell desktop. Still have the last two. Lost the first one in a custody battle. Never had a single issue with any of them. Some people bash their tech support ,I have never had to use them ,so I wouldn't know. They did call me 2 weeks after getting The XPS to make sure I was happy with it. .
              sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• BR7
                He is coming to your little town!
                • Aug 2005

I am on my second Dell I have the E510 I am very pleased with it Dells for me have been very dependable

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• atifsh
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2003

using dimension 8300 for couple years now, last time had BOD when i used to have unbranded thing.
                  only prob was it has less pci slots so i had to remove my firewire card and live 5.1 and get audigy with builtin firewire.
                  Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• atifsh
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2003

Originally Posted by splean
                    1: Home version fine
                    2: get ultra sharp lcd [if its like ultra bright, x bright thingy] if u can
                    3: get 7200 rpm harddrive, 20 gigs that will u lose but it will be more responsiv
                    4: covers are ur choice, wont give u any good
                    5: if its exaust fan in in bottom u wont be able to use it on ur laps or on bed. [cant use mine though its a sony, at 2.66 it gets very hot and noisy]

at almost 3 kg it isnt lighest........ 2.8 kg exact. my sony is 3.6 kg heavy as rock but its a desktop replacement so i dont carry it that often.
                    Last edited by atifsh; 11 Aug 2006, 06:17 PM.
                    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...