• Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Samsung B600 - 10 MP Camera phone

LINK TO STORY
    Samsung B600 10 Megapixel phone :
    Samsung introduced a 10 Megapixel camera phone at the CeBIT 2006 in Hannover, Germany. The new Samsung 10 Megapixel mobile phone boasts the highest picture resolution for a camera phone ever made and it even exceeds the resolution of mid-end digital cameras. The Samsung camera phone also has a Bluetooth wireless headset, which can be used as a remote control. "The Samsung 10 Megapixel camera phone belongs to a different level with other camera phones", said Lee Ki-tae, chief of Samsung’s mobile phone business. Samsung was the first company to introduce a camera phone in the world. And we will continue to bring mobile imaging products with more advanced optical technologies.
    Samsung B600 - 10 MP Camera phone
    "We have many researchers who are specialized in optical science and they will help us catch up with famous optic technology firms such as Carl Zeiss and Schneider soon." The Samsung 10 Megapixel camera phone has a better resolution than most digital cameras on the market, which have resolutions between 3 million and 8 million pixels. But it does not mean that the camera phone guarantees better picture quality, because its other optical characteristics are generally inferior to those of digital cameras. The Samsung 10 Megapixel camera phone is expected to cost more than $318 US / 266 Euro and will be on the market this fall.

Samsung SCH B600 specification
    - Standard: CDMA 2000 1X EVDO ( 800 MHz)
    - Camera: 10 Megapixel
    - Display: 2.2 inch 240x320 262K Color TFT
    - Video Recording & Messaging (MPEG4 / H.264)
    - MP3/ AAC / AAC+
    - Dual speaker
    - Bluetooth / PictBridge / Voice recognition
    - Document Viewer / TV-output / BT Printing
    - Memory: MMCmicro external memory

Camera phone and photo messaging
    According to a forecast of InfoTrends/CAP Ventures worldwide camera phone shipments continuing on a strong growth trajectory, climbing from 370 million units in 2005 to 847 million units in 2009. As an increasing number of users acquire and experiment with camera phones, the volume of images captured, shared, and printed is projected to rise, producing additional revenue for wireless carriers and digital photofinishers alike. Two of the 2005' most significant advancements of the year leading to the increase are vast improvements in image quality and the elimination of interoperability barriers between network carriers. “8 megapixel camera phones are already on the market, just 2 years after the first 1 megapixel appeared,” said Jill Aldort, a Senior Consultant at InfoTrends/CAP Ventures. “However, multi-megapixel models will appeal to just a few consumers who are willing to pay a premium price. Instead, we believe the mainstream market will level off at the 3 megapixel point, and the megapixel race will slow in favor of advancements in optics and lenses.”

About Samsung
    Samsung Electronics is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2005 parent company sales of US$56.7 billion and net income of US$7.5 billion. Employing approximately 128,000 people in over 90 offices in 51 countries, the company consists of five main business units: Digital Appliance Business, Digital Media Business, LCD Business, Semiconductor Business and Telecommunication Network Business. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones, and TFT-LCDs.

My Blu-ray Collection
  • TNT
    DVD Shrinker
    • Jan 2004

I wonder how long it takes to send a 10 MP image?
    Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
    I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

jpegs will be ~5mb each i guess.

however a camera can be 20MP, doesn't mean the quality is any good
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• uufta
        Digital Video Expert