• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

WWE/ECW/TNA Wrestling!

Well, we have a "fight night" thread, so I thought I would start this one. Not being much into boxing, but watched "Pro Wrestling" most of my life; there were a few years I didn't follow it, but my son has rekindled the desire...

So, my thoughts on a few guys & gals, all in good fun...

--- The Guys ---

Vince McMahon
    - Holding ECW Gold: "Vince, can I join the club?!?!" lol
    Undertaker holding the Gold, Batista, just let it go for awhile...
    Cena please leave, I am so tired of it
    Eugene ------ Kinda funny, but...
    Lashley ... Juice Monster Supreme!
    RVD All around good guy, love his aerial tactics. - Man, can he kick!
    The Great Khali - what can I say, he is a monster
    Finlay - I really like to watch this guy & his little "under the ring" sidekick!

--- The Girls ---

Micky James - Yeah, psycho, but there's just something about her...
    Lilian Garcia - Stunningly beautiful...those eyes... *drool*
    Melina - Just downright "mean" lol
    Maria - a cutie!
    Kristal - oh yeah!
    Ariel - (ECW) ...I don't know, I could just picture her biting the head off of a bat! lol

Feel free to join the fun with your favorites/comments !!!
    BTW, yes, I know it is all "fake" - lol
    Last edited by katzdvd; 16 Nov 2007, 10:52 AM.
  • Derree
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

I'm with you katz, I have been a fan since I was 5 years old sitting on my grandma's knee watching Stu Hart and the rest of the Hart boys in Stampede Wrestling. Dont watch ECW now tho, was a huge fan of the original ECW and find this new one way to WWE..and havent seen Smackdown in quite awhile but Raw and TNA are always on the PVR!
    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
    good
    -------------------------------------------

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

Hi Derree! (nice avatar)

I was beginning to think I was alone on this one! lol
      was a huge fan of the original ECW and find this new one way to WWE
      what do you expect - Vince (I mean, Mr. McMahon) owns everything! (except hair)

But ya gotta watch smackdown -

You can't pass up:

Undertaker
      Kane
      Rey Mysterio
      Hardy Boyz
      Finlay/Hornswoggle
      Chris Benoit

AND...
      Kristal
      Michelle McCool
      Jillian Hall
      more, more!!! lol

P.S. - Don't you just love Vince's "Powerwalk"?!?

Comment

• Derree
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jul 2005

I have always loved Vince's strut...the Mrs hates wrestling but has come into the room a couple of times when I was watching it and saw him..she asked if he crapped his pants
        As much as the 'divas' you mentioned are great eye candy I miss women who can wrestle ie Trish, Medusa Micilli etc...
        sigpic

good

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

As much as the 'divas' you mentioned are great eye candy I miss women who can wrestle ie Trish, Medusa Micilli etc...
          LOL

Well, if you want to go that route, I think you could say the same for the guys as well; it is all nothing but a big soap opera now. I do miss the days of Bob Bachlund, Ivan Putski, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Hulk, etc.; it was more about the wrestling in those days & less "fluff" like today.

I predict that Khali will be the new "champ" at "Judgement Day", & if not, now that's just wrong!

Comment

• Texas Rose
            • Jan 2007

I'm with you on that point Katzdvd. Back when I was a teenager in the 80's, my brother and I used to go watch WWF wrestling when it came to town and it was all about the wrestlers and their personas....like the Hulk, Andre, Big Bossman, The Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs and my personal favorite back then...Randy "Macho Man" Savage and his lady Elizabeth. Maybe not a normal interest for a female, but my dad got us hooked when we were little kids..lol.

Nowadays there is so much "unnecessary" stuff made up in the storylines that I have seriously considered not letting my son watch as much. Sad, cause he loves wrestling as much as I did back then. Knows all of their names and signature moves....would love if McMahon cleaned it up a little and went back to the way it used to be but....money talks I guess.

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

Nowadays there is so much "unnecessary" stuff made up in the storylines that I have seriously considered not letting my son watch as much. Sad, cause he loves wrestling as much as I did back then. Knows all of their names and signature moves....would love if McMahon cleaned it up a little and went back to the way it used to be but....money talks I guess.
              Wow, Texas Rose, I thought I was one of the only parents that objected to all that stuff - guess I am not alone. My son developed an interest in it around age 9, but after we saw how much "bad" stuff was in it & the direction Vince had decided to take things, we didn't let him start watching until age 14 or so... not that I am sure that the content is suitable for a 14 yr. old either, but what is a parent to do, except "mute" the really bad stuff!

Course, there again, there is the "eye candy" aspect;

At least Shawn Michaels has turned "Christian?" now, & Sting on TNA, although I read his book, & I didn't really "get it?" I guess there may be other "good guys", but they are pretty good at hiding it! lol
              Last edited by katzdvd; 9 May 2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Derree
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Jul 2005

Yeah the storylines have changed since the 80's but so has tv movies music etc..hate to say it but the times they are a changin'...cartoon storylines just won't cut it anymore..the audience is way to smart for that
                sigpic

good

Comment

• rsmober
                  KiNgS recognize KiNgS
                  • Jul 2006

@Derree
                  i agreed with you everything changes has anyone seen 'Family Guy" i luv that show but i dont think its for the lil ones to see...
                  i also think the reason why mcmahon change the storys around was because thers no comp....hey almost has a monopoly time of buss'ness...
                  RsMoBeR

Comment

• Derree
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Jul 2005

Do you guys watch any of the indys? I love ROH I think the style and storylines are more wrestling then sports entertainment and quite enjoyable.. plus having The Fight Network lets me see some great Japanese wrestling like Pro Wrestling NOAH and FMW..
                    sigpic

good

Comment

• katzdvd
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Feb 2006

Do you guys watch any of the indys?
                      Nope, not here; I barely have time to watch WWE/ECW/TNA!

Comment

• Derree
                        Digital Video Expert
                        Digital Video Expert
                        • Jul 2005

lol I know what you mean katz..but I don't watch ecw at all..and raw and tna I use the pvr for since the Mrs hates wrestling..that way I can watch bits and pieces now and then..but if you ever have a chance check out Ring Of Honor its the best thing going today!
                        sigpic

good

Comment

• katzdvd
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Feb 2006

How 'bout that Khali? New champ at Judgement Day? I hope so...Cena needs to take a good, long vacation, lol

The rest of the matches - kind of lame?
                          WWE Champion John Cena vs. The Great Khali
                          World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Batista
                          ECW World Champion Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon & Umaga vs. Bobby Lashley (3-on-1 Handicap Rematch)
                          2-out-of-3 Falls Match - United States Champion Chris Benoit vs. MVP
                          Elijah Burke vs. CM Punk
                          Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton
                          Carlito vs. Ric Flair
                          Not exciting enough for a $40 ppv, IMO...Maybe some funny stuff will happen with Vince/Shane/Umaga/Lashley

And what about Mark Henry?!?! Is that guy trying to shatter both knees again?!?! Guess he didn't learn his lesson the first couple of times...

Undertaker out due to injury - too bad...longest/coolest entrance in the WWE...
                          Undertaker wrestled Sunday's match with a torn left bicep, and was in tremendous pain after his match on Sunday against Batista. He will likely require surgery, which would require six to eight months recovery time.

Last edited by katzdvd; 16 May 2007, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Derree
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Jul 2005

Ya know alot of people have a problem with Khali but I am ok with him... Sure he is no Benoit or Flair but the problem with big guys is they always get compared to one of two guys:Andre The Giant, or The Big Show..both of those guys are one in a generation type of guy and I don't think its fair to compare anyone to them...I think if they are trying to build Cena up as a modern day Hulk Hogan (the 80's version) I think they have to keep feeding him monsters such as Umaga and Khali...
                            sigpic

good

Comment

• katzdvd
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Feb 2006

I think if they are trying to build Cena up as a modern day Hulk Hogan (the 80's version) I think they have to keep feeding him monsters such as Umaga and Khali...
                              Cena isn't worthy to tie Hulk Hogan's wrestling boot laces, lol.

Now the Ultimate Warrior, he was cool for his day...

Problem is with guys like Khali, is that they "break" too easily, lol

Remember Giant Gonzales? Just too "out of proportion" maybe, for the body to withstand that type of "wear & tear".

Comment

Working...