Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirgawain123
    • Aug 2003

dvdtext,ifoedit,dvd changer blues

Hi to all, I'm one of the owners of a Sony 300DVDchanger which relies only on the DVDtext structure to get the name of the

DVD for Sony lame Discbrowsing engine.So, I need to include a descriptive name or film name in DVDtext in both my DVtoDVD
    discs and my DVD movie backups. As you are aware, the DVDtext is embedded in the video_ts.ifo file, and the procedure I follow is compiling a dummy DVD project with DVDMaestro,enabling DVDtext before compiling. This way I get a
    simple video_ts.ifo whichs includes the film name.
    I then substitute the original video_ts.ifo & .bup with the ones from maestro. I open this .ifo with ifoedit, "get VTS sectors" and I got a(n almost) working DVD structure, with the name of the film being recognised by my Sony changer.
    I mean "almost" because this only works with simple,one title only DVD. (no extras, no nothing, just the main movie title in one set of vobs) and i would like to enjoy this "name in DVDtext inside video_ts.ifo" in more complicated structures. (no, i dont want to recreate the structure, menus and so from scratch with maestro).

Besides, while being played in the Sonychanger, so modified DVDs can not be opened in WinDVD and are refused by other pc programs

So , I'll appreciate if any1 could give me a better way to get a DVDtext string from my dummy video_ts.ifo into my working set of files
    Best regards
Working...