Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makinmovies
    • Nov 2003

Syncronizing seperate audio and video

I'm about to record an important event, with very little experience. Just looking for tips and tricks before I start in the hopes of not messing it up too bad. Would like to get good audio. I need to make burn this onto dvd after recording. I will be recording live music. I was a little worried about syncronizing the audio track to the video later if I recorded it on a MD player. Is this very difficult? I could possibly run a line to the actuall cameras audio in, but I think that would be a pain. What I have to work with is:

Several Mini DV cameras.
    Sony MD recorder, possibly multiple.
    Patch into the sound board.
    DVD burner.

The only software I have now is Adobe Premiere, Roxio DVD creator, and Windows Movie Maker 2.

Thanks alot.
    Josh
    Last edited by makinmovies; 18 Nov 2003, 03:27 PM.
  • maa
    • Jun 2002

Well this sounds like quite an adventure!
    I can give you a few pointers:

A Pro Video like this would have all Cameras and Sound recording gear Synched together. So you're right with your consideration there.
    If each camera records it own sound you can't cut scenes together because of the sound variation.

You'll get the best sound with a standalone DAT, PC (with at least a DMX6fire soundcard) or MD (worst choice if you ask me) and good microphones (rent some if its realy important)

Get your cameramen trained NOT to move the camera but to let the scene / people move.
    Let the cameras run Non-Stop - makes cutting easier.
    Have one fixed camera in the room.

After the recording:
    Load the video from the fixed camera to the PC.
    Load the Soundtrack to the PC - check Sync towards the end, if it drifts then cut each song and move the soundtrack accordingly.
    When thats finished you can start capturing the other cameras video to new tracks in your editor.

I would use VideoDeLux for this task (Called Movie Maker Pro in the states) but Adobe Premiere is good if not so fast for editing.

Have fun.

Comment

Working...