Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgiek50
    • Dec 2003

Parsing IFO files

Anyone know where I can find the specs on .ifo files so I can parse them programmatically?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I believe you'll find that this has already been accomplished by the program "IFOEdit"...

Comment

• georgiek50
      • Dec 2003

Yes I know that someone has written the code to do it, but I want to do it myself (In fact I'll contact the author of that program)...thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"thanks"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• ashy
          • Nov 2003

If you do write another software for parsing IFO files then I would like to know about it when you do, so post it here.

IFOEDIT is very good, but is lacking in some things and the author now seems to have aboned it in favour of DVDXCOPY.

Comment

• georgiek50
            • Dec 2003

Hi, I'm not planning to write a full fledged program to do this. I plan to put it into MovieTrack, to retrieve resolutions, region, bitrates, etc...right now it parses Avi/MPEG so I would just be extending it's functionality. Sorry...

Comment

• windtrader
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Feb 2002

There is information on the DVD structure at http://www.mpucoder.com/dvd/.

It was a free site but I think you need to be a paid member to get access to this info now.

Comment

Working...