X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DVD Baron
    • Dec 2003

Animated Menus On VCD

Hi,
    Greetings to all. My question is - is it possible to put animated menus on a VCD - I'm after a small video image that loops...possible?
    Regards,
    DVD Baron
  • bobbagoose
    • Nov 2003

I don't think it's possible but...

I shouldn't think that this is possible owing to the fact that only still images are supported in the VCD specification.

What you could do though is store the MPEG1 file in DVD format and create a DVD fileset which will fit onto a CD. (MPPEG-1 files are supported in the DVD specification). Some DVD drives will support this but others won't because if they are using the CD laser to read the discs they wont be expecting to find DVD format files.

This means then that you can create an animated background using your favourite DVD authoring package!

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

I don't know if you can use it in a menu...but if you want to get a small looping video you can make an animated GIF. Import a short vid into ULead GIF Animator and it'll fix you up. You'll be able to put it on a CD....but I have no idea if it will work for what you want.

Comment

• bobbagoose
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by rsquirell
        I don't know if you can use it in a menu...but if you want to get a small looping video you can make an animated GIF. Import a short vid into ULead GIF Animator and it'll fix you up. You'll be able to put it on a CD....but I have no idea if it will work for what you want.
        It won't work for a vcd menu because the image used needs to be encoded into the format used by the VCD standard. It's basically a JPEG image in the VCD resolution. This JPEG format does not support moving images.

If you did use an animated GIF then you would probably just get the 1st frame encoded.

Comment

Working...