Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcarle
    • May 2024

Undefined streams?

Certain DVDs are poorly authored and when thrown into a program like DVD Shrink the audio streams come up as Unspecified and the subpictures come up as Undefined. Is there a way to properly identify and name the streams?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Re-post your question in the DVD Shrink-specific sub-forum(s) here (and then delete this one) - and read the similar questions and posted responses there...

Comment

• jcarle

I didn't think this was a question specific to DVD Shrink. The issue would still apply using, say, DVD Decrypter because this is an issue with the disc in question being poorly authored from manufacturing.

Comment

• jcarle

I also wanted to add, I've searched the forum and I can't find anything about how to name/rename streams.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

" how to name/rename streams."

This can undoubtedly be accomplished using IFOEdit.

IF you PLAY the DVD, and use your remote control to cycle through the audiostreams and subtitles/subpics, you can probably determine the nature of the "undefined streams"

Comment

• jcarle

After some hunting, I did manage to find out how... using IFO edit you have to define the properties of each stream, which is easily done by double clicking on each of the streams...

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Glad to hear that following my suggestion of using IFOEdit resolved your quandary ;>}

Comment

Working...