Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrrobot
    • Oct 2003

Wrong dialogue

I have searched this forum and could not find a similar problem as mine. I am new to this forum, so be gentle.

I just bought a DVD recorder. Trying to back up my son's Star Wars 2 to test the recorder out. Since it is a DVD-9, I used Shrink 3.0 Beta 5. Before I tried to record it onto a DVD-R, I loaded the first VOB file it made into WinDVD. The Video is great, but the audio is the Director's commentary about the movie and not the character's voices. In Shrink, I selected Title 1 and 2 ch English and shortened the movie by deleting some ending credits. Before I make a DVD coaster, can anyone explain how to get the proper dialogue? Many thanks!!!!!!!!!
  • shiny#3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jul 2003

choose the 5.1 (6channel) audiotrack.....ac3
    or the dts if your standalone player is able to play it.

Comment

• mrrobot
      • Oct 2003

Thank You

Your suggestion worked!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried to burn a DVD-R with BurnatOnce. It got half way through and stopped. Restarted my computer. Got the DVD-R out of the recorder and put it into my DVD player and lo and behold, got to the 64 minute mark at the movie stopped dead. I think I am getting close. I was surprised that it worked at all.

Got any ideas why only half burned to DVD-r. All the VOBs appear on my hard drive.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I loaded the first VOB file it made into WinDVD."

Playing a .VOB can lead to misleading results (such as hearing the wrong audio track).

Use Win DVD to "play as a DVD" (NOT play individual .VOBs) the DVD Shrink-created package from your hard drive...
        Last edited by setarip; 19 Oct 2003, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...