Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • byrnet
    • Jan 2004

Video distortion during playback

Being new to the game of making backup copies of DVD's I have only done a few and I notice that when playing back the DVD+R on a stand only player the image will distort, if you stop and play it again it may or may not show the same distortion. These disc's do not have labels on them to cause a load balance problem and the player is fairly new.
    Any solutions or tips?

I have cleaned the DVD player head in case it was dirty, but still the same.

I forgot to mention that I'm using DVD Shrink, I had purchased DVD x Copy express, but I'm happier with DVD shrink
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"on a stand only player the image will distort, if you stop and play it again it may or may not show the same distortion."

Since the problem is intermittent and inconsistent, it woould seem to suggest that the problem is with your standalone player - although you might be able to "cure" it by using higher quality media...

Comment

• byrnet
      • Jan 2004

Thanks,
      I think I cured it by burning at a lower speed. I'm using TDK DVD+R disc... burned faster I see problems, burn slower and it looks flawless... it's working for me so I can live with it
      Thanks again

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma!

"Thanks again"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...