Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrbobdobbs
    • Jan 2004

Weird Problems

Well this is my first post. I have been reading for a few days and what a great forum!

My setup is:
    Petium III 500MHz Dell
    320 MB RAM
    Toshiba DVD-R
    Memorex DVD-R Media

Here's me problama:

I am getting the famous freeze frame on my burned DVD's on the last few chapters of the 5 movies I have burned(Sopranos). Same result on my PC and 2 DVD players. These were decyphered with DVDDechyper and backed up and burned with DVDShrink(the last 2 versions). With the latest version I slowed down the burn speed to 2X with the same result. I did burn an Audioslave DVD and it's fine all the way to the end, but that DVD is only about 3 GB total so I did not have to compress.

Given this info could it be:
    1. Computer Processor Speed(I know I need to upgrade)
    2. Media
    3. Operator Error(Hard to believe but it's happened before HAHA)
    4. ______________(Fill in the Blank)

Also, when I try to burn with Nero seperately the Burn button is greyed out and will not let me proceed.

Any help/suggestions would be grealty appreciated.

Thanks,
    JrBobD
    Last edited by jrbobdobbs; 21 Jan 2004, 05:45 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Do the DVD "packages" on your hard drive playback properly from your hard drive (Played "as DVD", NOT simply individual .VOBs)?

If they do, the problem is either media quality or your burner...

Comment

• jrbobdobbs
      • Jan 2004

I check that and it plays back with no problems. Maybe it's the cheap drive. It's a Toshiba SD-R5112 marketed by Mad Dog MM.
      Any info on this drive? It's about 2 weeks old.

Any suggestions on a better drive that's reasonable when it comes to price?

Thanks for the replies!
      Jr Bob D.

Comment

Working...