Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight-templar
    • Nov 2003

Which Media for NEC?

Been using Ritek DVD-R x4 discs without any errors so far. thing is, as I am new to this lark I have had a few cockups insomuch as movies with the chapters in the wrong order, or the wrong audio.....Oops. it occured to me that maybe I could burn the movie first to a rewritable disc, try it in my player and if ok put on ordinary DVD-R and use the rewritable over again thus cutting down on wasted discs. Question is, which is better to use DVD-R or DVD+R ? bearing in mind that I want them to both play in my domestic player (CyberHome) and be write and rewrite them in my burner (NEC1300A). Could anyone also recommend specific brands of rewritable discs that have been tried with this burner? Last question, well I am new, how do you reuse an RW disc, do you have to reformat or erase it or does the new stuff simply overwrite the old? Sorry to go on but you know how it is when you start a new thing...questions...questions...

Cheers
    KT
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Hi there Knight-Templar
    I've been running a NEC1300A for some months now. Made a bit of a mistake buying some Orange-topped Princos which despite the firmware two versions back saying they support .... er .. didn't!
    I then bought some white top jobs From Novatech that had the ID: AN31. The ad specified tested with this drive. I've not had a bad one, so I bought two more drums .. but .. they don't list it now They do a white top but I'm fairly certain the number's different. I'll dig out an order and check and get back on that. They're -R btw.
    I have always tried out a RW first (I use Packard Bell ±RW) and am lucky enough to have a standalone that accepts both + and -.
    Check out your standalone at http://www.dvdrhelp.com./dvdplayers

What authoring software do you use? TMPGEnc DVD Author has an 'erase RW' button in the DVD tool. I'd say any other authoring would detect a RW and prompt for erasing .. unlike some of the CD writers I've come across

addition: http://www.novatech.co.uk/NOVATECH/s...NOV-DM25B#lblR don't ask me why they don't list the 1300 as a test machine .. they did when I bought them!
    Last edited by sfheath; 22 Jan 2004, 06:20 AM.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...