Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eastwind
    • Feb 2004

Problem with O1NE dvd rw

I bought some O1ne DVD RW discs and using my Pioneer 106D, it cannot even go past the "lead in " bit when Nero reports a Write Error, when I try to erase the disc, I ended up with a Erasing error. I have no trouble with other makes of discs. Anybody has any experience with this make of DVDs?
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I bought some O1ne DVD RW discs"

Just curious, how much did you pay for this brand of media versus other successful brand of media that you have used in the past?

Comment

• eastwind
      • Feb 2004

Bought them from Ebay total cost inclusing delivery is about £10, I think they are old 1X speed disk.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Bought them from Ebay total cost inclusing delivery is about £10, I think they are old 1X speed disk."

I would strongly suggest that you get yourself some Ritek disks. Get them fro here: http://Meritline.com/ritdvmeddvdp.html. It looks like they just lowered the prices!

25 pack $28.75 (£15.57)
        50 pack $49.50 (£26.80)
        100 pack $95.00 (£51.45)

Ritek are very solid media.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Jan 2004

eastwind,

Since your problem is erasing the re-writeables : You could download the IMG Tool v. 1. and use the partial disc erase feature. This has worked well with many persons rw discs. I use it when I want to erase an rw disc and write that disc again, it works well and is fast.

You might also want to download the IMG Tool Classic v. 0.91.1 and DVDdecrypter 3.1.9.0 and use these 2 freewares to burn with (the Classic turns the 'Shrink files into an ISO image and then 'Decrypter burns that ISO'ed movie automatically). This solution has worked for many and is freeware.
          Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• eastwind
            • Feb 2004

Erasing is only half of the problem with these disc, as I said before, when writing to these discs, I have writing error before Nero has finished doing the "Lead in" bit. I don't think the software is at fault, rather, the discs themselves as I have no problems writing to other makes of discs. BTW Where can I find this IMG Tool?? Can you give me a link please?
            Last edited by eastwind; 7 Feb 2004, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Jan 2004

IMG Tools Classic v. 0.91.1 can be downloaded @ Coujo.de.

Half is usually better than nothing (you are welcome), but the entire solution was in my prior post, a search engine search would have revealed download site.

I wouldn't tease you with only half of the answer. Classic contains an easy to understand guide included in download.

Only takes ~ 10 minutes (on a decent rig) to make the ISO'ed movie for 'decrypter to automatically burn that movie.
              Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• eastwind
                • Feb 2004

Sorry no can do, Img Tool V1.1.1 was download and used to erase the O1ne, although at first it reports the erase was successful, subsequent burn failed when it reported the disk not not completely erased !!
                Last edited by eastwind; 7 Feb 2004, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Jan 2004

Did you try to burn with DVDDecrypter? This solution always works on my rig w/ partial erase and then burn with DVDDecrypter.

If the partial erase won't burn with 'decrypter, then seems it is problem with discs.

Trying to find solution so you won't waste discs if you can't get a refund, that's all.
                  Rig :

Comment

• eastwind
                    • Feb 2004

I'll send those discs back for another make or refund, thanks for your help.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Jan 2004

You are welcome.
                      Rig :

Comment

Working...