Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cabob
    • Jun 2003

Hd reads fine disks dont

I copied a dvd+r with shrink and burned it with Nero. The disk wouldnt work in tv player. I copied it again with a +rw same thing. Just for the fun of it I ran dvd player on computer and the hd copy worked fine? All of the files are identical on all disks.

Can anyone help

Thanks Bob Johnson
  • Crash Override
    • Feb 2004

You need to make sure that the disc gets burned as either:

1) "UDF/ISO hybrid", with a VIDEO_TS folder containing your files
    or
    2) "DVD Video", which will automatically create a VIDEO_TS folder for you, which you can drag your files into.

If you just burn the files, even in a VIDEO_TS folder, as an ISO or a UDF DVD, your home player won't read it.

Also, many home players aren't good with RW discs, and some have problems with the + discs in general. Check to make sure your DVD player deals with DVD+R / DVD-R also.
    -= P4/2.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 700 GB HD
    -= GeForceFX 5600, Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro

Comment

• cabob
      • Jun 2003

Thanks for the response. I have burned about 65 or so + disks with my HP burner, which only uses +. I usually use dvd x copy express or clonedvd or Intervidio dvd copy and have never had a problem.

The files on the hd and the dvd are identical file for file.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jan 2004

Use IMG Tools CLASSIC v. 0.91.1 and DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 to burn with.

CLASSIC is available at : Coujo.de. You could also use AutoShrinkISO v. 3.1 at : mrbass.org.

They are all freewares.
        Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...