Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ãœbermaus
    • Feb 2004

Works fin on PC, but not on stand alone DVD player

I used the latest version of DVD decryptor and DVD Shrink. I backed up a DVD and tested it out on PC; It works great. I tried playing it on my Zenith DVB 211 DVD Player and I received a "Disk Error" message and it ejected it. I am a relative noob when it comes to DVD burning so any help or criticism will be appreciated.
  • EMW
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Feb 2004

What type of dvd did you burn? DVD-R, or DVD+R. You would want to find out what type of format your stanalone will read, most of them will read -r, sometimes +R...

But let's for instance say your player will read -r, and you burnt a -r, and it still won't read, it could be a bad disc, so try burning another one, and if that doesn't work, then try using another brand of media. Sometimes players are fussy with certain brands.
    You might want to consider using some RW's until you get the hang of it....
    It would be a good idea to post your specs, that way we know more what we are working with, and it will be alot easier to help you.

Let us know how you make out.
    Athlon 1800, 768 MB SD RAM, 40GB, XP, Lite-On 451S

Comment

• Ãœbermaus
      • Feb 2004

No prob. Thanks for the tip. I will post results forthwith, once I try another.

Comment

• EMW
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Feb 2004

No Problem. I am still new at this myself, but I find these forums to be quite helpful.
        Athlon 1800, 768 MB SD RAM, 40GB, XP, Lite-On 451S

Comment

Working...