X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blacksamba
    • Jul 2004

AVI ok, DVD audio sync off

Problem:
    My AVI file runs fine with Zoom Player, then I used DVD Architect to set up Chapters and Prepare to VOB files. Then Nero to Burn. The DVD wound up with the audio off. I played the VOB files in PowerDVD and they were not synced properly.

So I looked on these forums for a solution and tried a few things.
    I made a new set of VOBs by bringing the AVI into TMPGEnc and spitting out separate WAV and M2V files, then into TMPGEnc DVD Author to make the VOB folder and files.

Problem: How do I know if this process worked? I can't test the sync issue within TMPGEnc because it doesn't have a player. I could make the adjustment to audio there if I knew what the + or - adjustment in milliseconds needed to be.

Since the original AVI is fine, and the VOB files play back ok in PowerDVD, does that mean it's time to burn to DVD and everything is fine? When I played the VOB files in PowerDVD that were used to make the first DVD (which burned with audio sync problems), they were staggered and off on the audio. Is the VOB file the final testing ground? I hate wasting discs.

thanks!

-d
  • ziadost
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

if the vob is in sych when you play it on a software player such as powerdvd, it will be synch once you burn it

good luck
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...