Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrinkyCrow
    • Sep 2004

Why would this happen?

I recently realized that all the DVD's I've burned in the past few weeks are corrupted towards the end, usually in the last 20 minutes in a movie and/or whatever comes after the movie on the disk's physical space. By corrupted I mean heavy pixelation, freezes, jumps, etc. Basically unplayable at that point.

So in my trial and error to see what's wrong, I burned on 2x instead of 4x and everything is fine.

Thing is, I haven't changed media or programs (just DVD Shrink 3.1 to 3.2, but I also tried 3.1 again and the problem remained), no significant changes to the computer, etc. I used to burn on 4x with everything the exact same and my DVD's came out fine, and now they don't on 4x.

Seems odd, but what do I know. Is there any reason for this? Could it be a sign that my DVD-R drive is going? Maybe I got a "bad batch" of DVD-R's? Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Media: Sonic 4x DVD-R
    DVD-/+R: TDK 440N via USB 2.0, bios has latest update
    Authoring tool: DVD Shrink 3.1 or 3.2
    Buring tool: Nero... er... not sure which version
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

With discs that are a odd make. It is best to burn at 2x max anyway. Burning to fast can lead to problems you describe.

Other things that can be done is not to write to the edge of the disc and reduce the size by 100-200MB.

I don't burn any faster than 2.4x.

Comment

Working...