Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbw081
    • Oct 2004

Problem watching DVD

I am new to the DVD burning thing and i wanted to back up two of my favorite movies. (Open Range and the old romeo and juliet). I have backed up about 20 DVDs or so and they have all worked fine. But these two have been a little tricky. I back them up using DVD shrink 3.2 and then burn them with nero. When i go to watch the DVD it plays about 1/3 of the movie then starts to skip. It skips for about 10-15 more minutes still playing the movie, the it jus locks up( the movie just freezes) and will not continue. Is there something i am doing wrong, or is it the movies. A little info would be nice.

Thanks you guys

:missle:
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

Search the forums and you' ll find several posts with this problem. Some have attributed it to bad media. Have you changed media lately? To see if the problem is in the burn or the shrink, play the files from your HDD with a software DVD player before burning. Although your problem seems to start in the middle somewhere, others have noticed that burning a disk to the edge causes some stand alone DVD players to have trouble reading the movie's end.

Comment

• lgha
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Mar 2004

"...A little info would be nice.."

I would agree with that statement.

As Megamachine indicated what you're describing is generally a media issue. You can check your burner and player:

for writer compatibility search here:

and for DVD player compatibility search here:

and the disc manufacture:

Did you change discs (open a different package)? The list of questions is long, but if you're burning faster than 2x I would suggest slowing the burning down to 2x after you done some reading and use a RW to reduce coaster until you're happy with the results. Also be sure you have the latest Nero update-that's real improtant if you have SP2+Shrinkv3.2.

Comment

Working...