X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeropolis79
    • Jan 2005

HELP! DVD+R, writer and players

Hi all..

I made a back-up of one of my niece's favourite discs (Shoebox Zoo by BBC Video) - she owns the original, but wanted a backup incase of problems.

I was able to use DVD Decoder to get it onto the hard drive then I used Nero Recode to compress it to the size of a standard DVD+R and burn it onto disc..

I got all the messages saying it was done successfully but when playing it on the DVD+/-RW and the DVD players, it wouldn't work. Nothing will reconise it. I suspect Nero didn't finalise it, but is there anyway I can finalise it? I only have Nero.. I wrote the disc using 1x...

I know I can do it all again, but I'd rather not spend another 4 hours decoding the thing and another 6 hours recoding and burning the thing..

Many thanks in advance..
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The problem could be poor quality burnable media.

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:

(If necessary, open the Device Manager in the Control Panel to determine the make and model number)

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• zeropolis79
      • Jan 2005

Thanks for that.. I hope the question didn't violate the terms and conditions of the site.

Yes, the problem was the media - I recorded a data disc with the same media and it didn't work - I then recorded the same data on the brand I normally used and it worked.. So the discs are going back to my local store on Monday..

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks for that"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...