Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zabet
    • Feb 2005

problem burning widescreen, have searced posts, still not working

I am using Windvd to burn movies (its the only program that I've gotten to work properly) When try to burn widescreen movies however it squashes them. I have read the old posts about this and downloaded Virtualdub as suggested. But when I try to open the file (I believe its an avi) I get the message "couldn't locate decompressor for format Div3 etc" I searched that and it tried the divx 3.11 alpha codec download but that tells me "this program is only for the div x version of the mp3 radium's codec"

now I'm lost as to what to do. can anyone help?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I searched that and it tried the divx 3.11 alpha codec download but that tells me 'this program is only for the div x version of the mp3 radium's codec'"

This makes absolutely no sense, as the DivX v.3.11 alpha VIDEO codec has nothing whatsoever to do with the Radium (hack of Fraunhoefer) .MP3 AUDIO codec...

By the way, it's been documented in other posts to these forums, that your WinDVD program is limited to fullscreen (4:3) output only...

Comment

• zabet
      • Feb 2005

I downloaded the file from somewhere else and got it to work this time. Sorry that I didn;t know what I was talking about but I just got a laptop with a dvd burner for christmas so I'm still figuring out what I'm doing.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Let us know how you progress...

Comment

Working...