Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Echo147
    • Nov 2001

OGG > MP3 in DivX streams

I've got a source of TV shows which use OGG and I'd like to convert to a more standard DivX 3.11 & MP3 audio but am having some difficulty.

I've installed the OGG directsound filters, and the ACM codec. These allow me to play back the files fine, but VirtualDub will not open the files. This doesn't make a lot of sense, because I opened a standard divx/mp3 file in virtualdub, and checked the audio codec list. Sure enough, OGG was available to use. I created a test avi using OGG, then closed and reopened in VirtualDub - worked fine.

So what's up with these OGG files I've downloaded - are there different versions of OGG on the net? I assumed these directshow/acm filters would cover everything.

Any help would be appreciated
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Are the files with ogg audio actually avi files ?, normally one would use the ogm fileformat to hold both audio and video.

I have posted a conversion method in this thread

Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Echo147
      • Nov 2001

Aah - that would make sense. I was under the impression the OGG audio was multiplexed with DivX 5.x.

I'll check out your link, thanks for the help

Comment

Working...