X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rasczak
    • Jul 2002

DIVX to DVD Problem

Hi,

I posted this in the DVD Authoting forum but I think here is probably more appropriate.

I'm having a problem converting some DIVX movie files to DVD. I loaded them into Virtual Dub to save the sound as a WAV file before loading the DIVX file (with the WAV file) into TMPG Encoder. This successfully outputted a MPEG2 file which I loaded into Spruceup. I created menus & chapters etc and the programme ran fine when I used the in programme Simulate option but when I try to export as a Title Set it gets to around 54% and then I get an error message - "Error while reading a video input file". Anyone got any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how I get around it?

I've tried, as a test, deleting each one of the converted DIVX clips to see if one of them was the problem. However whichever clip I deleted I still got the same error message when compiling - "Error While Reading A Video Input File". It makes no difference whether I output to a Title Set or Disk Image - I still get the error message.

If it's of any use the project size is 3.75GB, consists of four almost equally sized clips with five menu screens. I am running the full version of Spruceup.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks
  • rasczak
    • Jul 2002

Solved the problem! - I thought I would post how just incase anyone else is suffering similar problems.

I tried removing each of the four clips to see if one of them was corrupt - the project still failed to compile. So I removed all bar one, tried to compile it and it worked. I then tried re-encoding using a higher bitrate but ran into the same problems. I eventually solved the problems by using the MPEG tools in TMPG Encoder to merge the four files into one, which I loaded into Spruceup and authored the title.

Comment

Working...