Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gondo
    • May 2002

AC3 stream too short?

How is it that the ac3 file extracted from the .vobs using dvd2avi is 2min shorter in length that the video encoded using forced film, guardian knot, DivX 5.02 Pro?

Now how am I supposed to get the 2 fies to sync?

Urghhhh what a headache. I've never encountered this problem in my life and I've done ltos of DivX before.
  • Xyon75
    • Sep 2002

Same problem...

I had the some problem... I can't open all vobs together with Xmpeg 4.5 (only this film...), so i encoded all vobs without sound with DVD2AVI (divxpro 5.02) and i get the wav via Besweet, but i have a video stream of 1:59:13 & an audio stream of 1:58:45
    (so funny listen speaking and after 20 secs seeing moving their mouth ^^)

Comment

• Echo147
      • Nov 2001

Shouldn't be a problem if you add ~0.1fps to the video speed.

If you want a headache, try recompressing VBR MP3 movies, lol

Comment

• Gondo
        • May 2002

Answered my own problem!!!!

Well I did it. And I didn't even have to fool around with changing the frame rates, etc....

All I did was set a start position in DVD2AVI to cut out the warner brothers intro. This fixed the whole problem. I figure the intro was recorded diferently with something to do with interlacing, bla bla bla...... Works like charm.

And by the way the DVD was Arnie's new one Collateral Damage. Do you think they threw in this intro purposely to screw up our DivXing?

Comment

Working...