• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vaughn
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2002

Gnot .26 audio skew problems?

I am preforming a conversion with Gknot.26 and divx5.02 pro codec. I do not make a mp3 in the beginning instead choosing "mux" it in later at 96kBit's per sec. Also i am using besweet. However when my job is completed and i want to split the file to burn onto 2CD's in Virtual Dub i always get the following message:

"Virtual dub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source Avi file and will rewite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatability. THis may introduce up to 36795 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decrompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. [bitrate: 65.1 + or - 8.3kbps]"

Well i don't know exactly what that means, but i know i have audio troubles (even thought my rip sounds good and is in sync) so i direct stream the video but full process the audio to uncompressed audio (pcm) in Virtual dub and then recompress the audio to 96Kbit's just like i did originally in Gknot.

Well then i can open this file in VIrtual dub without the error however the file size has changed! It has just increased from 1.35gb to 1.38 gb! THen when i split the rip in two it increases again to 1.41gb! It will now longer fit on two CD's.

WHy do i get this audio error message in Virtual dub and why does the file keep getting bigger when i compress/recompress and split it?
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

You created a vbr mp3 track, you must use nandub to cut the avi file.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Vaughn
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2002

LOL!

I spend hours and hours trying everything i can to fix this and you solve it with one sentence!

Thanx.

Comment

Working...