Who can put Humpty together? vob & subtitles (& wav)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnfused
    • Oct 2002

Who can put Humpty together? vob & subtitles (& wav)

New to this mularky, I've woken up to find that after several hours overnight, my 45 min documentary on DVD still wanted another 10 hrs to cook. I cancelled it. I noticed that I'd probably chosen a wrong setting in DVD2SVCD(ver 1.0.9 build 3) (in DVD RIP tab, I selected 'use vStrip' instead of 'internal routines'); anyway I find in searching my folders that the DVD has been ripped to five .vob files (that I can view on my player), and that the subtitles are there as a load of .bmp's. Great, something's been happening. But I can't stick Humpty together again. Let me get this right: one bit of software rips the DVD, another one sticks it back together in the compressed format (yeah, yawn, just checking). So, I'm trying AVI2MPG2 (v1.24 beta 13), to encode, but:
    1. it won't open my .vob files
    2. how do I load the subtitle .bmps
    3. with another wee test project, I can load an avi file but not the .wav sound file that should go with it.

Is there anything I can do, or should I dump the 5gig of files and do the whole thing over, clicking 'internal routines' this time?

And is there any way I can get rid of the blue ad rectangle that's come up on a couple of small test runs when I have successfully encoded?

Many, many thanks. Bacon butties to all repliers.
Working...