X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theboywonderuk
    • Dec 2002

Gordian Knot not encoding credits & muxing audio

Hi,

I setup GKNOT using the guide at doom9 to encode Dead Poets Society using divx 5.02 - 2 pass (2cd).

I used besweet to generate my desired ac3 file and selected that in GKNOT.

I ran the first pass sucessfully (choosing to encode credits seperately as suggested - yes, i set the start of the end credits!).

I then set it to run the second pass and 'just mux' the audio file. It informed me that the number of frames was different to the number originally counted (by some 4800 .... possibly the credits?). It corrected the bitrate and produced an output avi equal to 1GB, without credits, and without muxing with my ac3 file (197mb).

What?!!!

Any ideas?

Thanx
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

You have to select 'Both passes', Instead of only doing the second pass.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• theboywonderuk
      • Dec 2002

it doesnt work. runs straight through in a matter of a second saying something about not being able to open a log file etc etc.....

you should theoretically be able to do each pass individually anyway (otherwise why is there that option?). i believe doom9's guide mentions that you can do the 1st pass and come back to it.......... and if it wasnt his guide it was another well written popular one!

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by theboywonderuk
        it doesnt work. runs straight through in a matter of a second saying something about not being able to open a log file etc etc.....
        This probably happens because you don't have divx5 properly installed. Reinstall Divx5.02.

Originally posted by theboywonderuk

you should theoretically be able to do each pass individually anyway (otherwise why is there that option?).
        Yes, but I seriously doubt this will be of any use to you if you can't do the two passes automatically.

Anyway, to get around your problem you can load the avs file created by GKnot into virtualdub and configure the 2 passes in virtualdub. As per this guide.

Last edited by khp; 3 Dec 2002, 12:27 PM.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• theboywonderuk
          • Dec 2002

ok thanx : )

i'll give it a shot.

Comment

Working...